It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

Saffypig HB User
Headaches, tired and stinging eyes, Fatigue, every two weeks? Any ideas...

Hi, i get these symptoms every couple of weeks for a few days, 3/5 days. Itís driving me mad as my doctor has no answers and itís not deliberating, just frustrating and limiting.
I feel fine from around 9am ( i sleep late with the cycle, I'm normally an early bird) ok until around 4/5pm, when i get a headache, my brow feels very heavy and my eyes are very tired and sting, itís a relief to close them, i can barely keep them open. I also feel very fatigued, normally going to sleep 8-9pm.
Itís all cope-able, but the stingy tired eyes are annoying Iím not comfortable driving and then after 5 days max it goes until next time, usually about 10 days later? Itís been happening for a good year or so Iíd say.

I do have a stressful busy job and do use a laptop most of the day, but itís such a frequent pattern? Iím in good health generally. Any ideas or same experiences?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Headaches, tired and stinging eyes, Fatigue, every two weeks? Any ideas...

Greetings an opthamologist and physician consult (perhaps specializing in headaches ) might help uncover everything and give more ideas if desired. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life. Being sedentary and looking at a screen all day may contribute in my opinion. Perhaps the job could be varied a bit in schedule with what is done and when. Drinking 50 ounces water for every 100 pounds body weight might help with lubricating the eyes a bit better. Headache sometimes is caused by a lot of eyework but there are many other causes also such as monosodium glutamate a common sometimes unknown cause, sometimes heat, cold feet (shunting more blood to the head making a blood vessel dilatation headache in the head) stress, sinuses, low blood sugar, high blood pressure, menstrual cycle hormonal changes with premenstrual tension and tension headaches. Of course there are some unlisted causes so that is why a proper analysis by a professional may be helpful as to the true cause.

There are also a lot of causes for fatigue or tiredness also. Since the job is sedentary, however, I believe it necessary to get exercise at break time or at least daily for blood circulation purposes if the physician approves. Peace, sjb

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
Saffypig (11-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
(female)

Saffypig HB User

Hi SJB,

Thanks for your comprehensive response.
I'm now thinking mono sodium glutamate may be an issue, as being so time poor i am the processed food queen and deliberately seek to avoid MSG but was shocked to discover a massive list of alternate names!!!

I'll certainly look to eliminate MSG in various guises over the next few weeks and monitor that.
Thanks again
SP

The Following User Says Thank You to Saffypig For This Useful Post:
sjb (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Saffypig! Thank-you for informing me about alternate names! Peace, sjb

Reply Reply