It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

Rebadc HB User
Exclamation Something "snapped" in my left breast - pain - clues??

I am 60 years old and a day or two after shlepping 50 pound suitcases on an air trip, something "snapped" in my left breast, so violently, I could almost hear it. The pain was minimal then, but the next day, there was significant pain which continued for over a month. There are no lumps in my breast. I went for a mamogram, and nothing was found. Everything was starting to feel better, and with no signs in Mamo, I almost cancelled the Dr's appointment that I had scheduled, but then I lifted another heavy object and the pain was back again. Dr. sent me for sonogram, still no signs. Then he sent me to a surgeon who wants an MRI, but insurance company has denied at this point. Other than the pain, there are 2 lines of raised skin on the nipple that are somethimes (not all the time) visible. I appreciate we are checking for cancer, but think it odd about the snapping event, pain in relation to lifting, and lack of any signs thus far on imaging. The sanp occurred on the left side of the breast, but the pain is in many areas, where there was the snapping, deep under my nipple, and on the bottom area of my breast, most of the time. Anyone heard of nerve or other causes for something like this? After 6 months of talking about cancer without receiving treatment, and an insurance company that apparently doesn't want to give me an MRI, I am getting very anxious. Thanks for any input.

Last edited by Rebadc; 11-22-2012 at 08:50 PM. Reason: More informaiton

Old 11-22-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Something "snapped" in my left breast - pain - clues??

I would guess you fractured a rib or possibly had a separation of the cartilage that attaches the ribs to the breastbone. This sounds nothing like breast cancer! Rib fractures at this point should show up on xray or bone scan. It will make no difference in treatment, but can be done to satisfy your curiosity. You might also consider getting an bone density test to make sure you have no osteoporosis making you prone to fractures.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Rebadc (11-22-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

midwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB Usermidwest1 HB User
Re: Something "snapped" in my left breast - pain - clues??

Coopers ligaments (the bands of tissue that suspend the breast tissue from the clavicle) can be injured, which causes moderate to severe pain. It almost sounds as if one or more of yours could have actually torn from the sudden pulling weight of that luggage. That's what I'd be investigating if it were me.

The Following User Says Thank You to midwest1 For This Useful Post:
Rebadc (11-23-2012)
Reply Reply

Tags
breast pain