It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 AM   #1
(female)

JADELEMONADE HB User
what's wrong with me?

I have had a terrible cough for a couple weeks and it has been gradually getting worse. Lately it is so bad that it make me gag and sometimes throw up. Also, sometimes my throat feels like it is tightening and i can't breathe. This is kind of scary and it happens after I cough or have been excersizing. Please reply asap! I am afraid to go to school now cause i dont want this to happen in the middle of class.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User
Re: what's wrong with me?

I think you should go to the doctor. You could have bronchitis or walking pneumonia. Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

You really should see a doctor. As the previous poster stated, there are various reasons that you could have the cough.

Whooping Cough (Pertussis) is on the rise in Utah right now also. What you describe sounds like it could be a possibility as well. If that is what it is, not only should you receive treatment, you could be contagious as well.

The following user gives a hug of support to MountainReader:
golfhat (11-30-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to MountainReader For This Useful Post:
sjb (11-30-2012)
Old 11-30-2012, 05:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

golfhat HB Usergolfhat HB Usergolfhat HB User

I have the same thing! I kept thinking it would get better because it is allergies but no allergy med was helping.
I went to doc yesterday and he said I have a sinus infection which is causing drainage and causing this horrid cough.

I am on Levaquin, Flonase, and Tussenex cough liquid. I had pneumonia in June and then another round of flu in October and Now This.
I feel as if I am never going to get over this. It started in May with the flu and by June I was almost hospitalized.

There is something going around that is for sure. I feel as if I have a 10 lb weight pressing on face and neck and chest. Doc said that is sinus pressure.

Note: after two days on levaquin I FEEL better mentally, but my cough is WORSE. It is loosening up and I am now throwing up some stuff.

Don't wait any longer, go to a dr and get treated! I waited way too long this summer and ended up with bacterial pneumonia. My doc said I was 1/2 inch from the hospital bed.

Reply Reply