It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
(female)

huffnpuff HB User
Unhappy Facial pain

I have been having intermittant electric shock pain in my face, in the upper left cheek and inand around the left eye. I think I probably bring it on I am so worried about it. Might I have a stroke? I might get nothing for four or five days, then I'll get several jabs that stop me in my tracks. I have an appt. with an eye doctor tomorrow, I am so scared it will come and not leave. Has anyone ever had this?

Old 12-28-2012, 04:57 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Facial pain

Check out trigeminal neuralgia and see if those symptoms fit.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
huffnpuff (12-28-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #3
(female)

huffnpuff HB User

That was helpful, thank you. I may see an opthamologist also, scary when it happens, want to be sure nothing shows in the eye.

Old 12-31-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
(female)

retiredOSA HB User

I was thinking the same way...Bell's Palsy (?) Severe stress can also cause facial tics. Try to relax and not think about it constantly. I know easier said than done,but no one has diagnosed you yet so your worrying can only add to your stress. Wish you luck,I am sure it will work out well.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

If it makes you feel any better, I do believe strokes cause facial numbness (and general one-sided numbness and lameness) rather than pain, and will cause one side of the face to droop. I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly what is going on, but I really really doubt it's a stroke.

Reply Reply