It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
(female)

mississippiquen HB User
How to gain weight with acid reflux??

I am 5'7 and now weight 112 lbs.

I been having acid reflux since 2010. I do not believe in taking prescription drugs because of the downward health spiral.

What can I eat with gerd to gain more weight. I am sick of looking like I am going to blow away. I really cannot afford to loose any more weight.

Things I eat are eggs, organic chicken, fish, sweet potatoes, quiche, olive oil, figs, fruit, flax oil & cottage cheese, tapioca pudding, some yogurt, cheese, salad, and even ensure! (I guess I am on the meditarrean diet.)

I would love to gain alot of weight. Problem is the acid reflux slows me down. I cannot eat gluten. And most nuts have alot of salt on them which causes me to flare up.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. What to do????

Last edited by mississippiquen; 01-03-2013 at 07:24 PM. Reason: more info

Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
You need to take the perscription for gerd cause it can cause barrets esophagusitis and thats bad. The only alternative is to alter your diet completely. Look up gerd diets. You could have a gluten allergy. Very hard changing diet but most definitely related. Add acidophilis pearls to your regimen. I had gerd for twelve years and now i have been off all meds for three but it was a lot of work to get there. A nutritionist can definitely help you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
acid reflux, gerd, weight gain