It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
(male)

worldi HB User
abdominal/chest pain

Iím a 24 yrs old male , and have had this problem for over a year now . perhaps these details will give you some insight .

It started October 2011 , I adopted a cat , often when the cat sat on my lap I noticed its bowels moving quite frequently . a few days later , I started feeling some unusual noise in my abdomen , a frequent rhythmic noise in certain area , I had to release gas more often and started feeling discomfort . I also noticed that the catís stool had some mucus and blood in it , at the time I wasnít doing well financially and couldnít take the cat to the vet so I let her go ,fearing I caught some parasite . again I couldnít check my own health as well ,so I started self-medicating , buying and going through various herb programs and OTC anthelmintic drugs .but with no results . again the bowel movement or noise is quite unusually rhythmic , in certain area and the rhythm lasts a few minutes then goes away then reappears later .
Perhaps a month later ,Late night cramps and excessive gas started to appear , and I started to have a strong need for sweets ,going without sugar would make me quite irritated . Then , I started having a eating problem , I couldnít feel full no matter how much I eat ( to this day I still feel the same ) , the feeling of having eaten enough is gone , I would often stop eating when I feel too heavy to move or when having painful abdominal pressure from eating too much .
4-5 months later , I got myself medically checked by various doctors and health professionals , had some x-rays , made stool tests (1 out of 2 showed amoeba for which I went through more than 3 treatments with no relief of symptoms ) .
7 months later , I started having a very faint pain in my left chest , maybe behind the 4th rib a little left to the sternum , I ignored the pain for a while since it was too faint . slowly the pain started to increase , till I realized itís nerve related , then It spread to include left side of my thyroid , pain and numbness shooting down my left arm , with a hypersensitive left ear .
I got myself checked again by various health professionals , there doesnít seem to be something wrong with my heart or lungs ,so they assume itís psychological . I could agree ,but I know very well it isnít . It has been consistent for over 6 months now, it has been getting stronger till it reached a near plateau , 24/7 the pain is there and never goes away , at when I get hungry it gets really awful and I MUST eat .
Right now I got used to my unusual abdominal cramps , rhythmic noise and excessive gas , although a consistent pain in my upper left abdomen have developed in correlation with the chest/arm pain .
I did a couple of stool tests ,one came out with amoeba the other with pinworms , tests might have not been so accurate , though I took their medications, and many medication courses . In fact I have taken many anthelmintic medications multiple times, just trying to rule out all possible parasites . I researched my symptoms over the internet and tried to take medications for most possible parasites . and again went through some herb programs and anthelmintic diet.
Although I must point out ,I have never found any kind of worm/egg or visible parasite in my stool during all this time . but I always had the near certain feeling that I have something living in my abdomen , (itís Ďnearí certain since I havenít had any solid confirmation ) .
Along with my chest-complex pain , and abdominal pain , I started developing mental issues, of de-realization and confusion , and you would assume many frequent depression bouts , very likely because of how this problem has affected so many aspects of my life , specially my chest/arm complex pain , which can make me extremely irritated and maybe furious at times unless I consume A huge amount of food immediately .when I do ,my left abdominal pain slightly settles and my chest pain is down by around 20% , until I go a few hours without food .
When I go a few hours without food , I start getting really irritated , abdominal and chest/arm/thyroid pain starts rising , left ear gets sensitive , and I have to eat a lot of food . eating a lot of food is a big part of the problem .

To sum up current symptoms ;
ē Nerve related left chest pain , connected to nerve pain shooting down my left arm ,and up my thyroid and a sensitive left ear . all feel very connected .
ē With association to the older symptom of left abdominal pain , abnormal rhythmic noises , bloating and discomfort .
ē When both symptoms occur , Large consumption of food is necessary .
ē I can no longer feel full ,thereís no sensor that tells me I ate enough .
ē Mental confusion , derealization and depression ,which is very likely related to how this problem affected my life . and is definitely not the cause of the problem .
Almost everyday now is revolved around food , not wanting to eat too much , and ending up doing so eventually , putting almost every other activity and life plans aside , just to manage this pain/food issue .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
abdominal, bloating, chest, depression, pain