It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

Chelsoneal1 HB User
Unhappy swelling of throat glands ext.

I woke up this morning with slight swelling of my lymph nodes under my chin and a slight stiffness in my neck. (Before I went to bed I felt a weird feeling in my throat but didn't think anything of it.) I may also have swelling in my upper neck lymph nodes, I just don't know if I do or not because I am not familiar with what it is supposed to feel like. But I have some discomfort on the left side of my upper neck that may suggest I do have some swelling. I am a 20 year old college student, and I have been a little stressed for a test, exam, and a paper due in the next 2 weeks. I also have a busy work schedule, sometimes working doubles back to back. Not only do I have a lot going on with work and school, but I also have a boyfriend of 3 years. I have recently not been able to spend as much time with him as we would like. I think all of these combinations have created some anxiety and stress. Although this is just recently that these stressors have occurred, I fell as though that I may be experiencing more than just swelling in my lymph nodes from stress. About 9 months ago, I got into a terrible car accident that caused GREAT anxiety and stress towards me and my entire family. This was a ruff time. I had to seek physical therapy for 6 months along with chiropractic adjustments. I found out that I had scoliosis in my lower back and my neck lacked a curvature. I am telling you all of this to describe what I have been through. After physical therapy was finished, I still got adjustments. I felt fine. But few months later I started to become tired all of the time. (I have really low blood pressure, it runs in the family, and I am very small for my height and age.) I am 5'5 and weight ranges from 103-110pounds. So I automatically assumed I was tired due to low blood pressure and lack of iron.(I don't eat much iron enriched foods.) I started to take gentle iron pills and an everyday chewable multivitamin. After a while I began to taste the iron in my mouth from burping it up constantly, I thought it was too much for my body, so I stopped taking it. During this time I slowly started to feel more energized. Then a few months went by and I started to feel weird(I don't know how to explain it) Almost like dizzy headed like my equilibrium was off. At times I would feel as if I might pass out because for a split second I would get dizzy. When this would occur I would tell myself...NO. & the dizziness would stop. This only happens maybe once a week. While all of this is going on, I would have canker sores in my mouth. They were not severe and would go away in 2 weeks or less. But recently they have gone away. (A few years ago I would get them here and there, But while this was happening they would occur more than usual) Also note that my mom and my mom's mom's sister would get them often too. I thought that maybe that it was an inherited thing. But the sores became more chronic, and now I don't even have any. I don't know if I am just overreacting, but I thought I would put this out there just to see what may come of it, and to ease my mind. Thanks for taking the time to read this I know it is long. Hopefully I can get some answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 01:44 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: swelling of throat glands ext.

Greetings, I would use some water in proper amounts some people do well with more water than normal such as a 2 large cups water in the morning and 2 more quarts during the day and one large cup in the evening for a 130-150 pound person. This may help the blood pressure. A little salt may be useful. For iron absorption and retention, I would use some potatoes and green peppers and cooked beans of the navy, black bean red chili bean variety etc. To absorb iron the vitamin c needs to be present with it. There is some vitamin C in both the peppers and potatoes. I do not recommend the vitamin tablets usually unless the health professional says to do so. A nutrition doctor could be consulted if desired.

I might use warm water or bay leaf tea held in the mouth if the sores show up again. I would spit out the first mouthful after swishing to decrease the viral load in the rest of the body in case that is a difficulty. I might also drink bay leaf tea two to three times a day for about 10 days or so as an antiviral for drinking in case that is the difficulty. I might use golden seal tea for a short time in case that is a difficulties. I would try to occupy my mind with nice things and help others to have a bit less stress in life. Of course every person makes their own health care choices in life. Peace sjb

Reply Reply

Tags
dizziness, lymph nodes, mouth sores, symptoms