It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #1
(male)

bennyboy79 HB User
Unhappy Chronic sinus problem or not? very worried - health anxiety sufferer :-(

Hi guys first post so be gentle

This all started about 2 & half months ago when i woke up with what i thought was a migraine, headache that lasted all day but unfortunately on waking the following morning the headache was till there. Over the next couple of days it eased a bit but was still sort of there in the background and sort of came and when more like a pain in front of head above the eyes.

After a week i went to the doctor and i asked him if i could be sinus headache as pain medications were not working and i also had stuffy blocked nose this thing in morning. He asked if mucus was thick and green and i said yes, he agreed and prescribed me amoxicillin for 10 days and if no better to come back.

I took the amox but all that happened was that the headaches eased a bit but i started to feel like i was walking around with constant head cold, with fatigue and strangely started getting a burning sensation around the eyes.

my nose wasnt really blocked or producing any mucus but i had this burning around my eyes sort of around the outside of the eye socket above my cheeks, also i noticed big blue veins in the area of the eye socket above my upper eyelids and below my eyebrowsm aswell it looked like i had slightly black eyes most of the time,

I went back to the doctors surgery (this time with a different doc) and mentioned i had been previously given amox for sinus infection and that it hadnt worked. The doctor simply said i prob had chronic sinusitis and that it was hard to treat, gave me a 10 day dose of augmentin and gave me a nasonex nasal spray - i asked him about the burning sensation around the eye area and the blue veins and he just said that my eyes looked abit puffy but didnt seem to take any notice of my worrys, didnt look at my eyes much.

I felt slightly annoyed that he didnt seem to give my worrys much thought and left with my augmentin and nasal spray. I took the pills for the ten days and low and behold still no improvement. infact i started to get more sinusitis symptoms. Bad breath, burning painful cheeks, random teeth and ear pain, extreme fatigue and the same weird burning sensation around my eyes but also strangely my eyes were now starting to feel very dry and irritated now aswell as the area around them. i also noticed a slight sensitivity to lights like all the car headlights i saw were now like superpowered.

I went back to the doctors for a third time (same doctor this time) and he asked why i was back? i was shocked surely he would know why - the pills were not working and i was still ill!!

I said the augmentin handnt worked and infact i felt worse and all the doctor did was ask me to go through the symptoms again, so i did being extra descriptive about the eye issue as i was really getting worried - especially after reading on a website about preorbital celluitis sometimes developing from chronic sinusitis sometimes.

he took a very brief look at my eyes and said they looked slightly "puffy" and i said about the burning sensation and all he said was that it "might" be connected to the sinus problem and gave me some steroid cream. Told me to keep using the nasal spray and sent me on my way, no new antibiotic to try, no explanation of what was going on with me or when to come back - felt quite upset as i left.

So now its three weeks on from the last doctors meeting, the cream has done nothing, im still getting the burning sensations around my eyes and all other sinus symptoms:- fatigue, pain in cheeks, random ear and head pains, bad breath and these weird burning sensations around my eyes.

has anyone any advice? has anyone else had these burning sensations around there eyes whilst suffering from sinus problems? im really worried about the burning sensations around my eyes and veins especially.

many thanks if u managed to stay with me and read all this i know its a very long post but im really stressed and scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply