It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #1
(male)

s8hcp74 HB User
Unhappy Lump in Salivary Gland

I just had a medical check up last Monday Mar 18, 2013 about lump below by jaw, and according to the doctor there is nothing to worried about it just lump in my parotid gland and eventually it will just disappear, just need to drink more water but he also ask me to observe this in a couple of more weeks and if thers no improvement he ask me to go back and will check it again.

But I read there are instances that this can be malignant. With my case, my throat is so dry, also my lips which even if I drink a lot of water. I also experience dizziness, I don't know if this is related with this lump below my jaw.

can anyone share more about this kind of case? God bless us all.

Last edited by Administrator; 03-22-2013 at 07:35 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Lump in Salivary Gland

Greetings sometimes there is a stone in it. I might try apples and later a bit of lemon with it. It might not feel good at first and might even hurt a bit because it will stimulate salivary production. Both lemon and apples are used to dissolve stones elsewhere in the body. Yes I would drink lots of water also. I might also try just a bit of heat to see if I could get the blood vessels in the area to bring in nutrition and to take away waste. I might follow it with cold. I would try to do that to tolerance in as comfortable a manner as possible.

There is a nice cancer test available called the Amas test that detects cancer by a blood test and can be obtained at some large hospitals. Some people after finding out they have cancer get the lump removed, do chemotherapy and follow it with vegetable and fruit juices between 3 all natural meals and many health principles such as walking etc. If more information on this is desired let me know. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions in life. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 03-22-2013 at 03:27 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
(male)

s8hcp74 HB User

Thanks for the reply.
I didn't go back to the doctor to have it check again.
I am planning to have this check by a different doctor.
Also what I try so far is drink lemon juice for a week. This lump underneath my jaw doesn't really hurt but when I check it recently it doesn't get smaller though it doesn't get bigger. But my throat is still dry so as my lips. Also dizziness is still there.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings! The cause of dizziness might be discovered by an MRI from a neurologist or an eye ear nose and throat doctor in my opinion. Peace sjb

Old 03-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #5
(male)

s8hcp74 HB User

How many days do you think I need to wait for me to have this lump check again? I notice this since March 18. And up to now it doesn't smaller nor bigger. Before my throat is always dry however there is now improvement. I started drinking (calamnsi juice) that is the Philippine lemon juice. But my dizziness remains the same, specially if Im bending or when I just stand coming from bed. What can you advise? Thanks and God bless.

Old 03-26-2013, 10:41 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings! The lemon was for the lump if it happens to be a stone. I would not wait at all I would get it checked immediately. I am not familiar with the calamnsi juice but if it works by all means I would use it if it is a safe food because it might help if the throat is not as dry and if it stimulates salivary glands to work better. I guess if I was dizzy and the doctor did not say anything about it, I would merely use a hot water bottle over the ears for about 20 minutes followed by an ice cube dried well and rest in bed for an hour trying to nap. It may be best done in the evening before bed. Sometimes inflammation inside the inner ear can cause dizziness. Perhaps at one time the ears ached and there was infection or perhaps there is another medical reason. The ear doctor might turn up something if desired. Peppermint, wood betony (Pedicularis canadensis) and catnip tea used to be used in the old days for dizziness. Turmeric, pineapples and cherries are anti-inflammatories. Feel free to let me know how things go and I am glad there is already improvement. Peace, sjb

Reply Reply