It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 AM   #1
(male)

Mrfast HB User
Phlegm/Mucus in throat and mouth every morning

Every morning that I wake up I have thick white to brown colored mucus in my mouth and throat along with post nasal drip. I also tend to require much more sleep than normal - 8-12 hours instead of the normal 6-9.

I've gone to an ENT and many other doctors over the years so I feel confident that it's not allergies, sinus problems, or any serious disease. The ENT doctor keeps telling me that my nose/throat look clear and normal and he told me the only thing he can think of is acid reflux. I do have associated stomach problems (IBS) and get an upset stomach quite often. I rarely get heartburn but I have "Regurgitation" (food/stomach acid coming up from stomach into throat) almost daily.

Could this really be causing post-nasal drip? and is there anything I can change to improve it?

Last edited by Mrfast; 03-24-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Phlegm/Mucus in throat and mouth every morning

Yes, it really could. You need to stay on the proper diet, not eat near bedtime, raise your head via extra pillows or raising the headboard. Talk with your doctor about some meds as well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
(male)

Mrfast HB User
Re: Phlegm/Mucus in throat and mouth every morning

Thanks for the advice, will definitely start this tonight

Reply Reply