It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2013, 10:20 AM   #1
(female)

eat right HB User
scalp itch and rash on skin also sensitive to foods

I am looking for answers for my husband who has had a skin rash, scalp itch, hands itch terribly - been everywhere even the Mayo Clinic now seeing an immunologist and taking a viral medicine and is on low dose prednisone which he hates taking but will stop soon. If this sounds like you or someone else you know and has found some answers, please answer me back. I know everyone is different but if I put it out there maybe something will come back that will give us some hope.

The following user gives a hug of support to eat right:
MountainReader (03-26-2013)
Old 03-24-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: scalp itch and rash on skin also sensitive to foods

Greetings! Welcome to the General Health boards! It is hoped that the desired comfort and support is found, my sympathies. I do not blame him for not wanting to take the prednisone since it has been known to cause immune system problems and I am sorry all this is happening to him. Just in case it was not thought of perhaps the dermatologist, allergist, and a nephrologist have also already been seen.

Sometimes if kidneys are not working properly that can cause the skin to itch. Everyone needs to be in charge of their own health care and is responsible for what they do for health. I would also do plenty of learning about the skin and diseases of it. Learning about the skin the body and its diseases may help a person learn enough about it to get his condition or disease to leave according to some people.

There are some foods said to be good for the skin such as cucumber and canteloupe. Cherries, turmeric and pineapple are anti-inflammatory. Asparagus and hazelnut are said to be good for kidneys. I would use some foods to help prevent infection such as grapefruit, kiwi, oranges, lemon, lime, garlic and onions. I would not put fruits with vegetables. I would avoid food additives, and alcohol.

If none of the doctors examined the skin for nearly microscopic mites washing the sheets in hot water and ironing all the clothes might help. Also a natural based peppermint liquid soap with no un-natural ingredients in it for both hair and skin might be useful. The skin can absorb anything on it within 27 seconds so I would not use regular soaps or shampoos since most of these contain chemicals we would not think of taking by mouth. I would not use much soap if the skin is dry and or cracked. If he hovers over a stove for warmth this might be a cause for a dry hand itch or rash. Sometimes if the backs of the hands lay on the bed at night too long it may overheat and be moist, one might try keeping hands out of the covers at night.

Latex gloves or laundry soap is also sometimes a cause for itching of hands and or skin. A hat may have cause the scalp to itch and lose hair in my opinon sometimes because of extra heat and moisture. Skin needs to be exposed to light, coolness, dryness ( but not too dry) and sugar needs to be avoided in case a pathogen is living on the skin. Germs grow on sugar, food and also like dark, moisture, and heat.

Hope to the end. sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #3
(female)

eat right HB User

Thanks sjb for the information you shared and the good recommendations. My husband has seen doctor after doctor and tried and eliminated creams, foods, soaps, etc. He has been healthy up till 2 1/2 years ago and his blood work is good- this is a mystery!
Blessings, eat right

Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #4
(female)

eat right HB User

Also, sjb - I forgot to mention my husband's rash came right after an infection under a crown and then he had a root canal and had to take an antibiotic. He also had two gold crowns taken off just in case the gold was causing the problem. He had a metal test done and dental blood test to see what he was allergic too. He was allergic to epoxy resin, a glue, and other materials used so the crowns that had the epoxy resin were taken off and replaced with different glue but rash is still here. We are not sure if the rash was caused by a root canal or materials used but this is when the nightmare started. eat right

Old 03-26-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings, You are very welcome! The same to you! Some people practice body awareness, this sometimes helps to find a cause of a problem. A diary can be kept of symptoms and what was eaten if allergy is suspected. Some people are allergic to wool so even clothes and which ones were worn if something is worse could be observed. Pet, animal, plant or environmental allergies could also be considered. Peace, sjb

Old 03-26-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings! Thank-you for mentioning the glue! I think it is important. In emergency rooms they use charcoal to adsorb poisons. I would personally use steam activated charcoal to adsorb any toxins present in the body from glues or other materials. I would either use one half a teaspoon stirred slowly in water and drink it or use the capsules. I would not get it too close to the face while doing this as the powder is not all that good to breathe. If these are not available a burned charcoal piece can be ground to a fine powder to use.

In addition to the above measures for infection I would also walk daily in sunshine and fresh air before 10 o'clock in the morning and after 2 o'clock in the afternoon. I would use distilled water to drink with since I just recently learned that chemicals in drinking water can cause heart damage. If possible I would also put a filter on the shower.

Some poison ivy creams for itching are good if they contain only edible or close to edible ingredients. Some herbs for itching can be placed in a pan and gently simmered with an oil that hardens upon cooling such as a vegan butter or coconut oil in my opinion. These herbs might include jewelweed, echinacea, chickweed, hamammelis virginiana, black walnut, St. John's wort, calendula, fennel, aloe vera, peppermint, geranium, lavendar, calendula and plantain. I would be careful not to let it spatter or spill on skin to make sure no one gets burned. It must be supervised constantly to avoid fire and if an interruption occurs it must be turned off. It can be done some more when the interruption is over. When it is cool it can be placed upon itchy place. A combination of a few might work better than just one. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 03-26-2013 at 09:06 AM. Reason: clarification

Old 03-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

MountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB UserMountainReader HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eat right View Post
Also, sjb - I forgot to mention my husband's rash came right after an infection under a crown and then he had a root canal and had to take an antibiotic. He also had two gold crowns taken off just in case the gold was causing the problem. He had a metal test done and dental blood test to see what he was allergic too. He was allergic to epoxy resin, a glue, and other materials used so the crowns that had the epoxy resin were taken off and replaced with different glue but rash is still here. We are not sure if the rash was caused by a root canal or materials used but this is when the nightmare started. eat right
Hi,

It is certainly worth looking into the allergy issues. Sometimes it can be challenging to really know when something is or isn't an allergy.

I've had some dental issues over the last few years and ended up being treated by a highly trained HOLISTIC/biologic dentist. He looks at the teeth and mouth as it relates to whole body health. One of the areas he is trained in is identification and treatment of cavitations. He identifies them with a Cavitat, an ultrasound type device. They don't show up on conventional x-rays. Cavitations are 'holes' that can form in the bone when teeth are removed or root canals performed and the area doesn't heal appropriately. They can become breeding grounds for bacteria and toxins in the body. This can lead to other chronic health problems. This is a pretty new area in the dental field and very few are trained on it at this time. I used to be extremely skeptical about the 'holistic' aspect of the dentistry, but after seeing and experiencing treatments from this dentist and reading some of the research based books he carries, I am now a firm believer in his approaches. I recommend that you research cavitations and find a dentist trained in identification and treatment of them. Researching 'cavitation' and 'holistic dentist' can help you find one who may be near you. So many illness of the body can stem from the health of the mouth. Finding someone trained in this treatment may really help your husband. The worst that could happen is that you find his dental health isn't the problem. The best would be that they are able to identify the issue and fix it.

I wish your husband well.

Reply Reply