It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 PM   #1
(female)

strawberry90456 HB User
Headaches/dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite... help?

Hi all!
I'm new here, so hello to everyone! I hope I've posted this in the right pit of the forum, if not I'm really sorry!

Anyhoo, my issue is:
For just over a week now, I've been getting these strange headaches everyday. Sometimes they can be piercing and make me feel dizzy. Paracetamol and ibuprofen usually take the pain away, but then I'm left with this really 'foggy' feeling in my head, and a feeling of intense pressure right at the front of my head that I can only describe as feeling drunk! I've noticed that I tend to stare into space a lot when I'm feeling with this.
A few days after this, I started feeling incredibly nauseated. I've never actually vomited, but I've had to run to the bathroom a few times because I genuinely thought I was going to puke everywhere. As a consequence of this, I have now virtually lost all my appetite, sometimes on surviving on cups of tea and 2 slices of toast a day. Losing my appetite is virtually unheard of for me, I love my food, but sometimes even the thought of food makes me want to vom! As a consequence of not eating much, I'm now starting to feel quite weak, as you would expect.
On top of this, I've also noticed that my stomach seems very bloated and I'm having horrendous mood swings - today I broke down crying because I dropped a sugar canister on the worktop and it broke, then got really angry, then felt ok again!
As I say, this has been going on for over a week now, and this is totally out of the ordinary for me. It's come to a head today/tonight as I'm writing this post at 03.15am as I can't sleep because the nausea and the pressure feeling is too much.
I've been taking paracetamol and ibuprofen for my head and Pepto-Bismol to try an settle my stomach.
If anyone could shed any light on this I would be eternally grateful.
Again, apologies if I haven't posted this in the right bit!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #2
(female)

strawberry90456 HB User
Re: Headaches/dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite...help?

26/03/2013 - UPDATE -

Been to the Docs this morning after only having maximum 3 hrs sleep :/
Described everything above, she said it was just tension headaches, and yes nausea can be a part of this apparantly.
She prescribed me Metaclopramide 10mg three times a day for the nausea, said to carry on with the painkillers for my head and to keep a headache diary for the next two weeks, then go back to see her. Still doesn't help the fact that I'm so bloated I look about 7 months pregnant (I'm not pregnant by the way, did a test this morning just to be on the safe side and it was negative, and I do have the Implant anyways).
I'm not convinced that it's just tension headaches, but she's the doc I 'spose, so we will see.
If anyone else has any other input I'd love to hear it!

Old 05-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #3
(female)

Lozbaby HB User
Re: Headaches/dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite...help?

Hi I'm new and have been experiencing the same thing for the last few days did you get anymore information just a question do you struggle with anxiety? Every time I seem to go to the doctors it all comes back to my anxiety! Look forward to your reply

Reply Reply