It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
(male)

jochi HB User
Laser tattoo removal is very dangerous and can cause you health problems

Hello back in february of 2009 I had went into a clinic that was offering laser tattoo removal: to get one laser tattoo removal procedure done on one of my tattoo's, the laser that was used was Nd-Yag laser which the doctor claimed was health canada certified, the tattoo I had on my back that consisted with the colour red, brown and some white. Not knowing at the time, how dangerous and toxic these inks were esepcially red, I went ahead and did one laser tattoo removal. sometime in march i started to feel pains in my kidney and liver area not knowing these pains were due to complications of the laser removal because the ink was in my bloodstream and in my fatty tissues effecting my lymph nodes, which was migrating to my kidney and liver. Sometime in august I believe I had set an appointment with the doctor that perform the laser removal John Keller, to get some possible answers to why i was having these complications. I explained the pains i was having and suggested it was due to the laser tattoo removal.This so called Doctor totally rejected that idea, and asked questions such as ''if you ever had chicken pox'' which was not relevant. Furthermore He even stated that the ink does not go in my blood stream. I have gone into a certified laser doctor, and he told me the ink does go in the bloodstream and can possibly go to the kidney and liver area.I was lied to by the blood not getting into my bloodstream by this oblivious doctor. I know he was trying to protect himself, and his business. I have done extensive research about laser removal of tattoos, one of the things I have learned that and it has never been cleared by the FDA, I have also learned that some tattoo inks contains heavy metals like arsenic, lead, and mercury that can contribute serious health problems. Another thing to mention concerning toxity of tattoo inks that penatrate through the skin is that the presence of heavy metals isn't always detectable by way of traditional toxicity tests because the metals settle in the body's fat cells instead of the bloodstream, and that also the body's cells could also digest and destroy some of the ink just as they rid the body of bacteria as a defense against infection, while research has indicated that some of the tattoo pigment may migrate to the body's lymph nodes, according to the FDA. Overtime the symptoms due to the toxicty of the tattoo ink which was triggered by the Nd-Yag laser to my body has become more intense and feel constant pain to my abdominal area with grumbling noises. All the symptoms I am feeling is evident to the complications and dangers on receiving a single laser treatment for tattoo removal. My tattoo mainly consisted of red, red dyes often contain mercuric oxide, a traditional toxicity test was done on me and it was discovered I had a very high levels of mercury, I am not involved in any occupation or hobbies that would result in mercury exposure nor does environmental exposure appear to be a factor. I have also been reading and viewing news segments concerning the use of lasers, it being used with neglience by people inexperienced or experienced, so this raises some serious questions about lasers, another thing I found disturbing that there is no government requirements to opearate lasers. As I am still feeling serious complications to the laser tattoo removal, further test is being done on my, one thing left to do is get a biopmsy done on my lymph nodes, that's where I belive the toxins from the tattoo have gone to.

Last edited by mod85; 04-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

lenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB Userlenvegas HB User
Re: Laser tattoo removal is very dangerous and can cause you health problems

Hi, thank you very much for your informative post. It is outrages that one needs a state license to manicure someones' nails or give a message but not for operating a laser. Pardon my ignorance but these toxic red dyes you speak of.......Does not one expose himself during the actual tattoo process to these dangerous dyes? I have seen people bleed getting a tattoo so wouldn't that get in their system? Me I decided not to get tattoos.......they used to be cool, but when your mother gets one, well, time to look for a new form of adornment/

Old 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
(male)

jochi HB User
Re: Laser tattoo removal is very dangerous and can cause you health problems

Thank you for your message, well the majority of colored tattoo ink dyes have toxins in them such as arsenic, mercury and so on, however lately some tattoo shops have gone to get safer, and organic inks, in my situation my tattoo is about 10 years old, and was not done with inks that were safe or regulated, which a lot of them aren't. As for one bleeding during getting a tattoo, they are potentially exposing themselves but only if the tattoo needle pierces through the dermatitis, normally this is not done by trained and experienced tattoo artist. For my problem, my body was exposed to the inks after getting laser tattoo removal which pierced through my skin and got in my bloodstream, and stayed in my fatty tissues. I have tried detoxing my body to get rid of the mercury in my body and fatty tissues by oral chelation, however that wasn't good enough, so now my only option is I.V. Chelation therapy, unfortunately this is not covered by OHIP where in Canada health care is free, so therefore I will have to pay about 400 dollars to 500 dollars for each I.V. Chelation session. This needs to be put out there, and laser tattoo removals should be banned when it comes to certain inks

Last edited by Administrator; 04-07-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
(male)

ziplines HB User
Question Re: Laser tattoo removal is very dangerous and can cause you health problems

Hey Jochi, thank you very much . I realize that this post is a few months old but I wanted to reach out either way b/c I have not seen any reports on this topic (from patients or just in general), and yours was the first and only one I came across. Either way, I want to let you know that I was always wondering the same, as I have had several laser tattoo removal treatments and am definitely not feeling myself. I was considering chelation as well but heard that it can be a very delicate and/or dangerous process, being that it may cleanse the body of toxins but it could also remove healthy nutrients as well. I haven't done chelation, but was wondering if you ever have, and has it helped? An did you have that biopsy done on your lymph? Also, do you feel any better since this whole ordeal? Sorry for all of the questions but I was also basically called crazy (like you were) for ever thinking that some of my recent health concerns could be associated to laser tattoo removal. I feel like my symptoms are a result of the metals in the ink being exposed/concentrated and "moved" around in my body, although my tattoo was only black ink. I have not found ANY medical advice on this other than your statements here. And furthermore, I was never aware of these side effects until I started feeling them myself (groggy, depression, anxiety, soreness, etc). I'm more or less just hoping to reach out to you and chat some more, as I have absolutely no one who can see eye to eye on this w/ me, and there is "no scientific evidence..blah blah blah". All I know is that we know our bodies the best.

I sure hope this feeling goes away in a few months, as I am trying very hard to get this crap out of my system for good! Any advice would be very much appreciated...I hope you are well my friend!

Reply Reply