It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
(male)

MontanaMendy HB User
Bizarre Symptoms

Hey guys, I'm having some really bizzarre symptoms I'd like to share and get your thoughts,

So lately at night I've been waking up in drenching sweats, also accompanied with hypnic jerks, and tingling. These sweats are as if somebody put my clothes in a bucket of water. I got tested for HIV because of the night sweats which came back negative, I also got tested outside the 3 month testing window. It came back non reactive.

Another weird symptom is one minute I'm breathless with a heart rate of 150BPM and the next I'm at 70BPM with no sensation of shortness of breath. That's intermittent all day. My blood pressure is pretty high 180/104 at the highest. I'm 22, 6'0 and 182lbs, no history of smoking.

When I exercise even in the 90 degree weather, I don't sweat, these sweats only occur at night, and they are pretty bad.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
(female)

kamiafia HB User
Re: Bizarre Symptoms

So sorry to hear about what you're going through. The first thing that came to mind was a hormonal or thyroid imbalance.
There is a rare genetic medical condition in which the individual is unable to sweat and regulate body temperature, but it is usually presents early in childhood. Adrenal and thyroid conditions can cause that too. A simple blood test can determine if that's the cause. It certainly could be dehydration but it could also indicate the onset of a metabolic/autoimmune disorder.
I wouldn't wait to see the doctor, best of luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply