It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2013, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

Kiwizs HB User
Unhappy Abdominal pain in the lower left and right side (flank pain)?

Hello, I was wondering if anyone has experienced this?

I've been having pain in my lower abdomen, this started 5 weeks ago..
My mom took my to her family doctor and he said it might have to do with acid build up so he gave me tecta.. which did nothing...

It started hurting just a little more and on the side I was kind of nauseous probably because I couldn't eat without it hurting, so my mom took me to the ER.

They did blood tests, chest X-ray, and an ultrasound.
Everything came up normal, later my doctor looked at the results and said all they actually found on the ultrasound was build up in my left renal gland but they found no immediate cause for it. The doctor (at the ER) told me it might just be a virus so she told me to take advil and wait it out.
So the pain got worse, and my mom booked me another appoitnment with her doctor who prescribed me more pills with a higher dosage (500 mg?)
3 days after that the pain actually started to feel as if someone was stabbing my left side and the pain started spreading to the left side of my back.
So she brought me to a different doctor who thought it might be something wrong with my kidneys, my mother told him that we went to the er so he looked at the results and said they found nothing wrong and then dismissed his assumption stating it might be a virus and prescribed me pills for muscle spasms.
The pills made the pain even worse! After a couple days my dad decided to take me to his doctor who thought it had to do something with my stomach or my kidneys so he scheduled me for a barium swallow and a ct ( I have yet to do- it's on the 6th of june) . 2 days after the barium swallow test the results came out fine, all they found was a reflex in my lower esophagus but everything else looked normal. The reflex still didn't explain the pain in my left abdomen.

A couple days after the test my mom took me to her doctor once more and he told me it had to do with my gut and how i wasn't eating enough.. so he gave me some powerdery substance that would help my bowel movements and more pills for acid buildup that would help the pain..

The pain has spread to my lower right side, and I don't know what to do!

It hurts when i walk and sit, it settles a little when I lay down, but other than that it hurts.
It's a sharp pain, if that helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #2
(female)

CourtSmith HB User
Re: Abdominal pain in the lower left and right side (flank pain)?

have you found anything out about your pain yet? i have the exact same pain been through all the test and they still dont know what the cause is.

Old 01-08-2014, 05:11 AM   #3
(female)

ldbaia HB User

Kiwizs:
I have the same, just started though so no follow up to offer.

What happened with your barium swallow and ct?

Old 01-08-2014, 06:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I hope through all of this someone did a urinalysis to check for infection. I am a bit confused here, as lower abdominal pain has nothing to do with stomach acid. That is felt high up above the umbilicus. After 5 weeks, a CBC and sed rate should be done to look for infection/inflammation. I assume they ruled out appendix problems? The CT scan will be good to look for a kidney stone that might be causing the pain and the ultrasound findings. A urine check is essential and should be done immediately if it hasn't been.

Last edited by ladybud; 01-08-2014 at 06:52 AM. Reason: typo

Reply Reply

Tags
abdominal pain