It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Need help with obsessive worrying!

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
ileen327
(female)

ileen327 HB User
Need help with obsessive worrying!

I have been having health issues! I don't know how serious they are. I go back to the doctor on Monday. this has been going on for a month and still no answers. I am have health anxiety! I have been going crazy today! Barely functioning! My husband is trying to be kind but he has had enough! What advice can you give me to stop my mind from just spinning and thinking the worst! ( I must confess, I have been self diagnosing on the web!) I know that is the worst!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2014, 03:14 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Need help with obsessive worrying!

What are your issues? What tests have you had? How old are you? Could it be perimenopause?

Old 04-26-2014, 03:27 PM   #3
ileen327
(female)

ileen327 HB User

I have anemia, and it was very low, then suddenly went up! Now I have hip pain and I think ( immediately) that I have cancer! I am 62 with panic disorder. ( very bad health anxiety) I go to a new hematologist on Monday! I am just tired of worrying all the time till I get the tests done! I have to have a nuclear stress test on Thursday and Friday! ( palpitations) Have had lots of tests done already, colonoscopy, endoscopy, cat scan. ( all suggested by my doctor ) Plus, have had the stress of my cat of 9 years almost dying 2 months ago and our bathroom having a bad leak and was torn up for 10 weeks! To said I am stressed! Well yes! ( the cat is fine now but we had to spend 4grand on her, I am just glad we had it as we are on a fixed income! Thank you so much for replying so quickly!! You are a blessing!!!! Hugs! Its nice to know someone is out there ( my husband is about to leave me, he never worries, and he has bad heart disease and 5 way bypass! Sorry, this is not quick! But its out there!

Old 05-09-2014, 10:43 AM   #4
beaches 18
(female)

beaches 18 HB User

First of all I would calm down and not try to self diagnose on the internet....Maybe make a list for a couple of days. Maybe a few lists....Things I have no real control over such as the leak in the bathroom and the cat issue....Things ( symptoms) that seem to be going on and a list of things you have tried to do to stop the problems. This can help a doctor narrow things down if they know what is going on. A lot of people forget to tell the doctor the neccessary items for them to pinpoint the problem. You can make lists and revise and imprive them for the pruce of a cheap tablet. Worrying is a big problem for me....but I also know that I have no control over what happens to people, things and circumstances around me as well as what happens to me in some circumstances...Humor can alleviate a lot of stress during tough times for me..Why cry and worry constantly, why not let it roll off your shoulder and laugh about it....change your mind set.....This can actually stop some of the stress....keep a journal of daily occurences....what happened and how you were feeling also. You can write and express your concerns, your thoughts and not say anything to your husband....You can give his ear a break. I don't think splitting up is a good idea....plus a lot of men will read your journal when we aren't around. You can write down how you feel when he gets tired of hearing what's going on...how you really need his support and how it hurts when he gets an attitude. No one wants to be sick....no one....

Old 05-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #5
ileen327
(female)

ileen327 HB User

Gotta eat my breakfast hubby made. Oh, my heart test turned out good. ( but I still worry) Does no good. I am messed up. But going to make lists today! That sounds like good idea! And stay off internet! Hugs and thank you again! Ileen

Last edited by mod85; 05-10-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Closed Thread