It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Frequent fevers in the last two months + other seemingly unrelated symptoms?

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2014, 04:28 AM   #1
hengisme
(male)

hengisme HB User
Frequent fevers in the last two months + other seemingly unrelated symptoms?

Dear all, I just came across this forum and I thought it would be a perfect place for me to ask some questions about my health. Sorry if this is the wrong subforum, but my symptoms seem to be of an assorted nature and I couldn't determine where best to post this in.

On 12th March, I was conscripted into my country's army. On about 27ish March, I developed a 38.9C fever which subsided the next day after I was given some paracetamol. Literally everyone develops a high fever upon enlistment for some reason, and it is usually not a cause for concern. I didn't really take this incident to note, especially since I was quickly healthy again.

However, over the following weeks until today, I've developed low fevers (37.8-38.4C) some five times. They usually resolve within a day or two and seem to be not serious.

On 13 May, I developed a fever, The fever went away very quickly, but this time I also started developing rashes on my skin. They begin to itch about an hour upon my waking up in the morning and my skin reddens severely upon scratching. Sometimes it will start to look like I've been bitten by mosquitos all over the same area, and sometimes it'll just look red. There are also frequently one or two tiny bumps in each itchy area. They will go away after a while. I also started having watery diarrhea once every day or two, but only early in the morning.

Two days later, I developed conjunctivitis, I was sent home and quickly recovered from this. My eye was red and itchy, but I was otherwise fine, but my rashes and diarrhea continued. I went to my GP and told him all of the above (I've also seen the same GP for some of the fever episodes prior), but he thinks everything is fine and attributed my diarrhea to stress and my rashes to allergies and I was prescribed with cetirizine hydrochloride for my rashes and loperamide HCl for my diarrhea. There was an outbreak in my camp and over 10 people developed conjunctivitis at around the same time, so I wasn't worried about my eye.

Apparently the diarrhea medication ended up being a bit of an overkill as I started to constipate (... I know right) and experience heartburn when I belch. I've stopped the medication and it seems that these symptoms are alleviating.

The rashes however didn't go away. I still have them every day and it is frustratingly itchy. I never had allergies and there is nothing new introduced to my routine. I've tried avoiding certain clothes and certain foods and even my cat (whom I've had for years), but they still come every day. Both my room and office are clean.

I've had another episode of conjunctivitis on Friday and a 37.8C fever on Saturday and yesterday. They are both completely gone by today. Right now I am only afflicted by the rashes, a little bit of bloating and painful burps, but only the rashes did not improve at all over time.

Google searches are not helpful in finding an explanation for me. Nothing seemed to include all these symptoms together in a meaningful way, but I know that such frequent fevers are probably not very commonplace. Should I be worried and insist upon a more thorough (and probably very expensive) body checkup, or should I wait and see if it was just a persistent virus?

Thank you for your time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2014, 06:43 PM   #2
hengisme
(male)

hengisme HB User
Re: Frequent fevers in the last two months + other seemingly unrelated symptoms?

Nobody? I'm getting fever symptoms today again and I'd love to have some insight

Closed Thread