It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Possible nerve pain and other muscle symptoms

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #1
shenti
(female)

shenti HB User
Possible nerve pain and other muscle symptoms

Hey! So I'm 19 and looking for answers and suggestions. In winter 2013 I was overcame with severe weakness and shakiness, mostly in my legs. Then when I would smile the mouth would shake. Both of these symptoms have improved, especially since university started.

During the school year I had symptoms such as a particular finger or limb shaking, painful swallowing, a either swollen or droopy eyelid (only lasted for a day or two), very weak arms (off and on, but haven't bothered me in months), tremoring legs, heart racing when standing (got better). Most recently I have been getting light headed/dizzy, although not as bad as when it started in May and also painful skin like irritation and sensitivity, mostly in my hands/fingers, but also in my feet. I used to have tons of patches of skin that was sensitive, but that has gotten better.

The irritation started in my fingers, whenever I picked something up my fingers felt tingly. That got better for a day, then my whole hand felt sensitive. A few days later it started in my feet. I get occasional pins and needles, but nothing anywhere thats very bad. I also don't get like.. lightening shooting pain.

I've had SO many tests! Everything always comes back normal. And I figured it was some bout of chronic fatigue or something... especially since I improved a lot within the first year. With this new pain in especially my hands, I know I need to get a better idea of what I'm dealing with. YES, I HAVE been to a doctor! The first one said anxiety, so I started taking 10 mg of citalopram daily for three weeks. I DO have HIGH anxiety, but I felt like they just were brushing off my problem. I saw a doctor today and he's not sure what it is, but did retest my thyroid. If that test is fine I am going to be referred to a neurologist to have my nerves tested.

I am SO SCARED! Any idea what this could be? I want my life back, I have so many things I still want to do. Can any nerve damage be corrected if I catch it early enough? Any input of ideas of what I could look into?

THANKS SO MUCH! This is a really long post and I commend anyone who read through all of it. thankssss

p.s. I did have an MRI spring 2013 and it was normal!

Last edited by shenti; 07-07-2014 at 04:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread