It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

General Health Message Board

Constant Buttock and Leg Pain

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-11-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
Mamalor
(female)

Mamalor HB User
Constant Buttock and Leg Pain

Thanks for this message board! I've gone to all of my doctors, and no one seems to know the answer. These doctors include family practice, rheumatologist (I have RA, Sjogren''s and Raynaud's), and chiropractor. My family practitioner insists that my pain is due to the fact that I am thin, and that if I would sit on a cushion, I would be fine. I have tried stability balls, pillows, etc., and nothing changes. My rheumatologist thinks it is a spinal issue, but my chiropractor -- whom I think is excellent -- has just suggested stretching my hamstrings, and that makes things more painful instead of less.

I can deal with the pain, although it is constant, but offering it up for the poor souls, but I would be very interested to know if anyone else has found the secret.

Thanks and God bless!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2014, 09:53 AM   #2
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Constant Buttock and Leg Pain

it sounds like sciatica to me.....when mine flares up I go to my chiropractor....maybe something is pinching that nerve....but sounds like you've been to a chiropractor....has he ever mentioned sciatica?

Old 08-13-2014, 11:30 AM   #3
2114bella
(female)

2114bella HB User
Re: Constant Buttock and Leg Pain

Mamalor, We seen to have a very different opinion on chiropractor's, but I do have a suggestion for you. I would suggest, you look into a physical therapist for another opinion on whether your problem might just be piriformis syndrome and not sciatica. The piriformis muscle lays deep in the buttock, and also is known to mimic the same sypmtoms of sciatica. I know this because...seeing a chiropractor for whiplash..evolved into sciatica for me, through his repetitive manipulations. If your interested I'm here to help, by my own experience. Good luck.

Bella

Closed Thread