It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #46
(male)

gibsonman HB User
Re: Young people losing parents?

I lost my mom when I was 8.....

Old 06-05-2006, 08:45 PM   #47
(female)

brokenhart HB User

I am 27 now, I lost my mom when I was 23. To top that off, my two step children 17 and 13, just lost their mother 2 months ago. I thought since it happened to me, it wouldn't happen to them, especially since they were there for me when my mother died. I wouldn't wish losing a mother at such young ages on anyone. It angered me a great deal to see them go through that. I have to say though, being there for them, and watching them in their unthinkably courageous ways has helped me to deal with death and the loss of my mother. Their stenghth is bewildering seeing that I fell apart, and am still broken from losing my mother. I have had a child since then, now two. It was then when I realized just how much I had lost when my mother died. When she died, along went a big part of the joy of having a child like, grandma always being there, seeing her so proud of my child, calling her every day about my pregnacy, and so many other things. I still do not no how to replace that or fill that void that plagues me every day. Yes, I said every day. I won't lie. Still, four years later and I am still left wondering, alone, lost. My advice to anyone is IT DOES GET EASIER WITH TIME. The hurt also eases, thank God, or else we would never get through it. It also helps to keep my mother alive in my daily activities, like how I do things, dinners I cook, pictures of her on my fridge, advice I still live by, talking about her, praying to her, and KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE AND ANYTHING TO KEEP IN TOUCH WITH HER. I only wish my heart would heal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #48
(female)

brokenhart HB User

I lost my mom when I was twenty three. It was very sudden, but I believe no one can prepare. Your gratefulness of your twenty years is very inspiring. I am too greatful. That is what keeps me going! Anything that keeps you going is great to have! I wish for everyone that has lost their mom at a young age to have your spirit!! Cheers to you!!

Old 08-21-2006, 11:39 AM   #49
(male)

mauvais HB User
Unhappy Re: Young people losing parents?

hi saraw08, & everyone-

I lost my dad suddenly at a young age also- 21. I have grieved and dealt with the loss but it has caused my depression to become 100x worse, to the point where I can hardly get out of bed some mornings.

In the 5 years since he's passed I've lost many others too- at this point I have no grandparents, no siblings, just my mother and my husband. I do have aunts & uncles but we are not close. Luckily I still have very good friends, the closest of which I have known most of my life.

My dad was my #1 fan. He always believed in me. He wasn't perfect by any means, but my life is incomplete without him. The holidays and birthdays are especially hard. My wedding day and my graduation days were especially unbearable.

My heart goes out to everyone going through this

Old 08-24-2006, 10:04 AM   #50
(male)

JCoggin HB User

I have never tried to discuss this so here it goes. I never knew my dad because he passed away in 1968 when I was 18 months old. My mother and I moved from my hometown when I was 6 so that we could be near her sisters. My mother never re-married and I truely believe that she grieved every day of her life after my dad died. My mother passed away in 1989 after a year long battle with cancer, I was 23. That same year I met my wife and we were married in 1990. I really thought that things were going to get much better in my life but I was wrong. In 1991 I lost my Aunt Frances and in 1994 I lost my Aunt Honey, these were not just my mother's sisters, they were like second mother's to me. After all of this I thought surely this loss would stop but I could not have been more wrong. On March 3, 1996 our first little angel Paige was stillborn at full term. I cannot describe to you the loss I felt when I held my lifeless little girl in my arms. I could go on about this but it just makes me too sad, depressed, mad, angry, etc.. to talk about. Since then we have been blessed with two more sweet girls that I cherish with all of my heart. However, even at age 40, I still battle daily with the empty feeling of never knowing my dad, never having a true loving relationship with my mother and just generally feeling lonely, despite having my wife and kids. I could go on with this but I need to get back to work. Thanks for listening.

James

Old 10-05-2006, 01:14 AM   #51
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

My nieces mother which was my sister lost her Mom to a Brain Anyerusm when she was 34 years old. My sister was only 55 when she dropped dead from the anyerusm. The sad part is for my niece is 75 days after she lost her Mom, her Dad had a major stroke and he died also. My niece was only 34 and lost both parents within 75 days of each other. Now that would be something hard to deal with and I know that mu neice made it thru this hard time because she was in church and that is what helped her alot. I feel so sorry for all of you thats lost a parent because I lost my Dad 2 years ago bout I was 48 and then 6 moths ago I lost my Mom. It is hard to deal with.

Old 12-01-2006, 07:57 AM   #52
(female)

sarahb664 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraw08
Is there anyone else out there who lost their parents at a young age? I'm 19. My mom died in October of last year during my first year of college. Just looking for some support. Thanks!
hi.. i lost my mother when i was 12 and just recently lost my father a few months ago (i'm now 22). i understand how hard it is, and how it is to be away from your surviving parent while you are at college. i don't know how much help i offer, but i'm here if you need any advice....

Old 12-01-2006, 08:01 AM   #53
(female)

sarahb664 HB User

hi. i lost my mother when i was 12, and just recently lost my father a few months ago at 22. i think about not having my parents not being at my wedding all the time. and i think about not being able to give my kids grandparents. the loss of both of them (even though my mother's death was years ago) hits me hard and out of nowhere these days. i suppose it is because i will start my own family and will not have the support of my family... if anyone has any advice or words of wisdom to get through this, i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 12-02-2006, 03:44 PM   #54
(female)

kirstyyeah HB User

i lost my dad when i was 12 and my mum when i was 20 am now 25 i have a yunger brother hes 15 it dusnt get much easyer duz it i have a 2year old child and a loving partner i still feel alone tho

Old 12-04-2006, 12:24 PM   #55
(female)

freepersonality HB User

you are not the only one that was young when you lost a parent. i had just turned 21 when i lost my mom to cancer and it nearly did kill me because she was my mom and my very best friend we always did dtuff together and that was the haedsets when i had to do thingd buy my self and had to trust other people beside her. i learned that i had to go on with life but if you need to vent please use these boards and we will help as much as we can.

Old 12-14-2006, 09:15 AM   #56
(female)

cookiecrumbled HB User

I'm 16 I just lost my mom in march...and my dad i havent talked to since i was 8 n he is in prison for the rest of his life. I wanted to reply to u because I'm in the same boat. Im so lost i dont know what to do.I cant talk to any one,because i have like no friends. So if u need someone to talk to im here,I know how u feel.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #57
(female)

Shellyshelly HB User

i;m 19 and i lost my mum to NSCLC which spreaded to the brain then the rest of her body. losing a parent is very hard for anyone, either they are step parents, foster parents and all the other i may have left out. parents are like guardian angels they always offer support and advice like a anchor. when a big storm comes then you are still left standing there becasue they're holding on to you. i guess when you loss a parent its not about age. it doesn't matter how old or how young you are, because that person that you lost - in my case, my mom, shes been in my heart since i could even think about 'that is my mum' . like when i cry and she walks into the room and picks me up everything is alright and something they do is comforting.

Closed Thread