It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

serinity HB User
My sunshine is gone

Let me start out by saying,my mother was my sunshine ,she made everyday happier .Now shes gone.Feb.18th 2006 she passed away.I was with her, she told me she was tired.She was wanting me to tell her it was ok.That was the hardest thing i have ever in my life done.I did not want to tell her it was ok to go because it was not.I want her back so bad.One more minute,one more moment-anything.We were together everyday and it is so hard not to wake up and be able to call her.Mothers Day is going to be so very hard.My brothers had been calling and i checked my messages and my heart dropped-it was moma-and just to hear her say"Hey Punkin" tore me up.I know they say in time it gets easier-How? How does it get better when you no longer have " The greatest love of your life"

Old 03-26-2006, 09:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User
Re: My sunshine is gone

Hi Sernity I know how you are feeling I lost my mum on 2nd Feb 06 she was my everything my bestest friend its so hard today being mother's day, my mum was 61 years old, I aiso lossed my dad 6 years ago he was also 61. I do hope your day hasnt been to bad I have kids and a husband and we went out for the day .It was not a bad day as when I woke up thought it was going to be the pits!!!.How was your day..... take care ...Mandy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #3
(female)

laportam HB User

Hello Serinity. I can totally relate to you. My mom was my best friend. She died April 13th 2005 so the anniversary is near. I too had to tell her it was o.k. to go and it was so hard to do! She was 63. It was a matter of 10 weeks after being diagnosed with cancer that she died so in that time I became her caregiver along with hospice. I know it will get a little easier in time for you and I but we're lucky that we have such wonderful memories and were as close as we were to our moms. Believe me I feel so selfish sometimes when I wish she was still here with me when I know in my heart she's in a much better place with no pain. I hope you got through mothers day o.k. I had a really hard time of it myself but I'm finding this coming anniversary so difficult. If you need to chat some more please write back. I know what it's like to lose the love of your life. She sounds like she was a great mother like mine.

Mary Ann

Old 04-06-2006, 11:52 AM   #4
(female)

Karen44 HB User

It has only been five weeks since the sunshine of my life,my soulmate,my everything passed away! There's not a day that goes by when I don't think of him,all the warm memories come back like a flood!! I know's he's better off,no pain no suffering but it hurts like hell,everyday I thank the Lord for the opportunity to have been his wife for the last 18 years!!
I push myself to go on I have to,Joe and I talked in length about what would happen after he passed,how I would continue until we met again!!
Just remeber you will always have the memories to help you thru,pray to our dear Lord for healing for your soul.
It will get better but the longing for our loved ones never ceases!!

God Bless You
Karen44

Old 04-06-2006, 05:56 PM   #5
(female)

tmarie HB User

I lost my mom 6 years ago on April 11th. I was 35 and she was 57. She was the one and only best friend I ever had. She gave me strength to go on and become closer to my dad. My dad passed away 1 year on April 23rd. I miss them both so much but I know I have to go on. I have been in therapy and am on meds. They are my guardian angels

Old 04-07-2006, 05:30 AM   #6
(female)

laportam HB User

TMAIRE, I am so sorry for all the pain you're in. I know it's such a lost feeling without them believe me. I still can't believe my mother is gone a year next week. Unfortunatley I'm not close with my dad so she was my whole world. We do have to go on and I do believe we will be with them one day again. Do the meds help you? I was on Zoloft when my mother got sick so that I could take care of her. I took it really bad being that I was suddenly told she had a few weeks to live! After she passed I went off them but I'm slipping into a dark place again approaching the anniversary, and I may go back on. Can you tell me what you're taking if you don't mind? Thanks,
Mary Ann

Old 05-24-2006, 06:08 PM   #7
(female)

Cindy#4 HB User

Hi Karen44,

Feels like another blessing to read your posts. You probably thought you were coming on here to find help but reading your messages has helped me. I am 41 years old and lost my heart on March 31st. Like you, my husband died of lung cancer that spread to his brain and who knows where else. I was 14 years old when we met and married at 18 years old so we've been married for over 23 years. We have 3 beautiful sons. It is now almost 2 months and I read your message at the same time for you and realized how lost you were at that time and felt some peace knowing that what I'm feeling is normal. I am in so much pain right now. I miss him so much that I can hardly stand it at times. I have so much support but it can never fill that hole I have for only him. I guess we have very similar stories to share. I look forward to hearing how you're doing.

Old 05-25-2006, 06:05 AM   #8
(female)

Karen44 HB User

Cindy
I am so glad to hear I have helped you get thru such a difficult time!! It's so hard to be without the one you love,but as with my husband he wanted me to go on and try to maintain some normalcy after he passed,we talked in length about this!!
As I had stated in a previous post if it weren't for all the support from family and friends I know I wouldn't be able to handle this,I have also attended a few grief therapy sessions and that has helped,I tend to break down every once in awhile ,but hey that's progress from before and breaking down all the time!!
I have my house filled with his pictures in every room I have a picture of him,that helps me just to see his face!! What bothers me the most is I can't for the life of me remember his voice,I have yet to look at the camcorder tapes to remember,I know that will be a big crying session!!
I just take one day at a time,I know I must keep truding on for one day Ill see him again!!
Please keep in touch

God Bless
Karenn44

Closed Thread