It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

scmlp1971 HB User
I just lost my daddy!!!!

My daddy just pasted away on 11/10/06 he had been sick for while with CHF and i just always thought he would be okay....I miss him so much, i feel like my heart has been ripped out and stomped on...my mom is realy taking it hard, i wish i could ease her pain, but i can't . I told her i don't even want to have thanksgiving this year...it's to soon am i crazy????i am trying to type over my tears, this is the hardest thing i have ever done in my life...my sweet sweet daddy is gone!!! I was blessed to have him for 35 years...But he was my rock always there no matter what....if i didnt see him everyday i would talk to him on the phone....i talked to him 30 minutes before he died and he said honey i feel better today than i have in a long time and he said he slept good the night before...so i said i love you daddy and i will see you this afternoon he said ok honey i love you too that was the last time i spoke to him !!! My mom called me 45 minutes later and said he was gone!!!Does this ever get and easier???

Old 11-21-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: I just lost my daddy!!!!

oh Im so sorry for your loss. I know nothing will make you feel better right now, but think about this.....your dad went peacefully at home with your mom by his side. He wasn't hooked up to machines or in a nursing home. And the best thing of all.......you told him you loved him and he told you. That was a gift that a lot of people don't get. I know it's hard to look at the positives while your drownding in grief. I lost my dad 6 years ago and still miss him and still think of him, but I know he's in a better place and he's not suffering, and I know I will see him again someday, as you will your dad.....
Take care, you're not alone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2006, 03:43 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
Re: I just lost my daddy!!!!

hi i am so sorry you lost your dad . as you probly know from reading my post i lost my mom sept.28th. i know it hurts and it will for a while i am not going to surar coat it.my dad is the one i can talk to and have feedback momwas a little different but she still was my mom. the only thing i can tell you is one minute at a time one hour at a time one day at a time .you will have crying days and then you will have o.k.days. it will be 2 months on the 28th for me and my dad just dosent want to think about it and thats all i do nor does he want to talk about it and sharing on this board is my out let if you come across a lady named kathryn + 2 she had helped me a lot we are all here for you so just type away and we will listen and respond. susan kay; lots of prayers go out to you.

Closed Thread