It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

melodychase HB User
suggestions for Christmas

I lost my only child, Chase, on June 11 of this year. He was killed in an ATV accident. He was 19 and my world. I cannot even think clearly at this point. I am a middle-school English teacher; however, I have taken a years leave of absence. My family wants to do something special in memory of Chase at our family's Christmas this year. My sister asked if I had any suggestions, but I do not because I cannot even think clearly. Can anyone offer suggestions how we could help keep Chase's memory alive at our Christmas get together?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2006, 11:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
Re: suggestions for Christmas

We like to plant a tree in memory of our loved ones. Also instead of gifts each family member can chose a charity to donate to in Chase's name. Or you could call your local social services and find a family who can not afford Christmas and donate gifts ,food, and a tree to them in Chase's name.

I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you..Kat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
(female)

angabeth HB User

Perhaps you could consider sponsoring a third world child or family through a charity- many charities will keep you updated on their progress and achievements. Your support could make a huge difference to someones life.
Wishing you love now and at Christmas,

Angela

Old 12-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #4
(female)

melodychase HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn+2
We like to plant a tree in memory of our loved ones. Also instead of gifts each family member can chose a charity to donate to in Chase's name. Or you could call your local social services and find a family who can not afford Christmas and donate gifts ,food, and a tree to them in Chase's name.

I am very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you..Kat.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:12 PM   #5
(female)

melodychase HB User

Thanks for your suggestions. I have chosen a young man to adopt for Christmas. Both of his parents are in jail, and I am going to take him on a shopping trip and out for Christmas lunch in Chase's memory. Chase was a giving person,and I know he would be proud.

Old 12-02-2006, 04:55 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

Melody, I just saw your post-and everyone has given great ideas-our mom passed away in July and we were thinking of going to donate our time at a local charity helping to serve christmas meals to the needy and homeless. What you chose was great! Enjoy it!! Merry Christmas! cher

Old 12-02-2006, 11:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by melodychase
Thanks for your suggestions. I have chosen a young man to adopt for Christmas. Both of his parents are in jail, and I am going to take him on a shopping trip and out for Christmas lunch in Chase's memory. Chase was a giving person,and I know he would be proud.

What a thoughtfull idea. I'm sure your generosity will be always remembered by this young man and will make a big difference in his Christmas this year. i'm sure Chase would be very proud of his mom.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

what an excellent idea. that is so very givig of you. i have a cashier that i have taken a shine to and she is the girl friend of one of my other cashiers son. she has a mom but i gather she is difficult. so i am making sure i dont over step my bounderies. mom had a cross neclace come in the mail and since she is in heaven now daddy gave it to me so i ask the mom of the son if i could give it to her she said that would be fine. chelcse took it to liz and said look what ms. susan gave me. she was happy and that made me smile. so i am going to help her with prom they dont have much so i feel the need i think mom would like th fact that i am helpping some one . so daddy and i are trying to make the best of it and going to try to make it thru christmas together. thanks yall susan kay

Closed Thread