It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2006, 02:18 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Susan Kay

I wanted to tell you I finally got the nerve up last week and went to the Cemetary and decorated my Mom and Dad's grave. i also decorated my Grandparents grave too. They are all buried right there side by side. I put out the big Christmas Wreaths on each of their graves and then in between the 4 of them I put a liitle wreath out that had little jingle bells inside the wreath with Santa Clause faces on it. It looked so pretty and I put Poinsettas in the vases also on there headstones. I was really proud of it after I got it done. It really looked nice. See if I can do it, you can too!

Jan

Old 12-18-2006, 05:12 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
Re: Susan Kay

hi i have flowers on moms grave i have them in the vasered velvet roses with white flowers around the bottom of it. i go ever sunday and see her after work . my sister inlaw tried to pick a fight with me sat. night after i had had a very long busy day at work. she called to ask me to take care of her dogs while they are gone to see her daughter and new baby /husband. she had been bending her arm all day aparently and she had the ]what i call the loose mouth .] so she tells me so when is it going to be randys turn to put flowers on your moms grave. ? i told her when ever you feel like it. if you can get my brother to the cematary then by all means put them on there . she said well i just think every one should have a turn. when barbara comes home she can have a turn. so what you think do you think spring time would be a good time? all i want to do is put some ponsettas on it. i said you are welcome to put them on there they [people in genral] are going to steal them but if you want to then do it. i told her but you may be married to him for 21years but my brother is not going to a cematary.he will go kicking and sreaming the whole way. hes not going. she said well ill just take your doller store flowers home and bring them to you. [moderater i hope that dosent get me in trouble] i ask her how many times have you driven by there and not stopped. she said well i have been busy. i told her you have not been any busier than i have and i stop every sunday after work before church. i was the one who put the flwers on their in the first place. and she or randy have yet to stop and see mom. i told her i am tired and worn out im going to bed. do what you want to do [but has she stopped ? no] i had a hard dy at work and a very emotional one to so i told her i was hanging up now i have no energy left i had to get back up on sun. and go back to work im hust to tired to aurge with her. i really hate it when she has bent her arm to much and ets the loose mouth. thats as nice as i can put it. i miss mom to much to waste my time on her rambalings.you know. ? e/mail me back. susan kay

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Susan,

It sounds like your Brothers wife is just trying to stir up crap and I wouldn't let her. Surely she knows that you are lost with out your Mom and that your still grieing and she should not do you that way. Dtand up for your self like I said in another post and don't let there girl mistreat you like that. Tell he to take all the flowers she wants to take and for her to say she will bring you your Dollar Store flowers back to you. That would of done it for me.

Well I know your tired and don't want to kep you reading. But actually I have felt better today than I have in a good while. I think the nw blood presure pill they put me on has helped becaue I feel so much better today than I have. I hope I contionue to feel even better. Did you read the post where I sent you the info about the Doctors office calling me and setting up my surgery to do the first one for the blockage?

Well you take care of your self and stop getting your self all worked up!

Jan

Old 12-20-2006, 11:04 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

your sister-in-law is being very unreasonable if you ask me. I've never heard of people taking turns putting flowers on a grave. !! Anyone can do it ,anytime. So what if there's a bunch of flowers! That's ridiculous.! Just hang in there,and don't let her get to you.... Kathryn

Old 12-21-2006, 01:37 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

kathryn+2

I totally agree with what you just told Susan, and I had told her the samething. Her sister-in-law should know that she is just up setting Susan and Susan does not need this right now. I would tell her to put flowers on the grave when she feels like it, because the more flowers thats on the grave it makes it fuller and very pretty. If it was me, I would talk so nice to that girl, that she would stop calling me for the simple fact of showing respect and letting her know that she isn't going tp upset me anymore!

Jan

Old 12-21-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

i have to tell some one i am about to bust and i can because she dosent have a computer. there are 6 of us that are doing some thing for some one at work that is going to be so neat to see her face [well i wont see it because i will be with my dad christmas day. we have this associate who is in this big bad world all by her self and has really never had what we would call friends . her son has been in i/rac he was gone for 2 years and he is married now and has a new baby that she hasnt ever seen . well we are sending her to tenn. jan 3rd. for her vacation see will findly get to see her son and new grand baby and new wife for the first time . we already have her plane ticket and we have her spending money we dont want her to need for any thing. she will be at one of ours house [pams] thats the one who thought of it. and pam is going to wrap her suit case and put her ticket in one of the pockets and the spending money in another. we all are just about to go nuts we have kept this a secret for so long all she talks about is her son and how she misses him. is this cool are what. !!!!!!!!!!!!for 11 days she will be wih her son . i told pam she better take a lot of pictures. i will call her when i know it is safe . and we have a card that we all signed to.i am writing this on this forom to hope fully make some body smile becase this girl deserves this and we can hardly wait till monday when she finds out.so this is for every one to take a minute and smile we all have been griving so much i just wanted to tell yall about it . and also i think my mom would be happy that i am apart of this. cool huh!!!!!!!!! take a moment to smile . i know i have and it has helped me.thanks susan kay

Old 12-21-2006, 06:36 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

Well that is just wonderfull!!!! How thoughtfull of you all. This will be something she will never forget and she will look back on forever.
That does make me smile...... Kathryn...
Have a wonderfull Christmas. That is what your mom would want for you.

Old 12-22-2006, 12:47 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Susan,

That is so sweet of you all to do that for her! I bet ya'll can't hardly wait to give it to her. I bet that will be the best present she has ever gotten. I know your Mom would be proud of you and I can see her smilling right along with the rest of us. Merry Christmas to All!

Jan Ward and family from Kemp, Texas!

Last edited by CoyoteBound; 12-22-2006 at 12:49 AM.

Old 12-29-2006, 06:37 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathryn+2
Well that is just wonderfull!!!! How thoughtfull of you all. This will be something she will never forget and she will look back on forever.
That does make me smile...... Kathryn...
Have a wonderfull Christmas. That is what your mom would want for you.
hi kathryn susan kay here how are you? i was going to tell you i see that you are from a part of cail. that i havent heard of just wanted to tell you my sister lives outside of pittsburg cail. in concord? she says her weather is similer to ours and she had real tres like here not the usual you know those tall trees. i miss talkin to you have you been doing o./k. daddy and i are making it we are getting use to the change. christmas was just lunch together [my son and his wife heather/ my brother and his wife elizibeth/ and me and daddy. so it was nice we visted and exchanged a few gifts but mostly just visted together it was nice. e/mail me mis you.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:47 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Susan has your friend from work went on her vacation yet? I bet she still can't believe that her co/workers cared that much to do that for her. See, there is nice people left in this world and we should all appreciate it because you just never know what could happen next just like we didn't think we would be giving up our Mom's.

How are you doing with that part Susan? You seem to be a little bit more chipper in your talking now and i am so proud to hear that in you. Keep up the good work!

Jan

Old 12-31-2006, 11:26 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Susan,

Are you doing alright? I haven't seen you on the message board and was wondering about you. Check in when you feel like it. Did you get to see some pretty fireworks go off? Here where I live, you are alound to pop them because we are in the country and it seems so funny because when we lived in Dallas, you better not pop them or you would get a ticket for it. Now thats what I like about country living.

Jan

Old 01-01-2007, 05:14 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi shannon leaves wensday at 12'20 out of the shreveport airport. she will have a 1 hour layover in dallas and get to nashville tenn. at 4'10 p.m. i am picking her up at her apart. at oh i guess at about 9;00 to make sure she has enough time to get everything together and get her luggage checked in and get her bording ticket. and we will all meet there and wait until she flys off. so we are as excited as she is. so tomorrowi go to the doctor that doc. mike is sending me to named dr. bundrick he will let me know if i have any more stones i hope not. i have ask dr.mikes nurses and they say they cant read the report 0because they dont understand it so i still dont know. i hope not that was worse than having rusty.or you packed for the hospital ? remember all of your nesseitiys. and your unmentionablesto. and dont forget to tell them if anistetic makes you sick so they can give you some phenegrin. o.k.?and you dont try to get up to fast after surgery. and you tell them if you are in pain so they can give you some thing. and you sleep as much as you can but when they bring you something to eat you eat slow and have some sprite it will help your stomach. o.k.? i will be thinking about you and will have your flowers in your rm. when you wake up. good luck . ill say an extra prayer for you . your friend susan kay

Old 01-01-2007, 10:41 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Thank you Susan so much! You are so sweet. I don't know what I would of done without this message board. Just having someone to talk to thats been through the same thing as I have that knows the pain and the grief that we have means so much. Talking to you seems like I've known you forever, but it has been such a pleasure to have someone that will talk to you. It just makes you feel so much better. I will mention to the Doctor about the getting sick part because thats happened to me so many times and like you said why wait until it happens and then mention it. I just hope and pray that every thing goes well and that I will be back home soon.

You said that you would pray for me and I thank you! An extra prayer would be great. Take care of your self, but i will be back on here tomorrow night because I don't leave to go to the hospital until Wednesday and then my surgery is Thursday at 9:00.

Your friend,
Jan

Old 01-02-2007, 05:49 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi i went to see that dr. that dr. mike was sending me to he was nice. i have no more stones but i have a mass on my adrenal gland on my right kidney. so he wants to do a scan on me in 3 months if it has grown it comes out if not we scan again in 6 months so i really dont want to wait 3 months but i will see dr. mike on the 26th. so i will ask more questions then. i feel more comfortable with him. post me back susan kay

Old 01-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi how are you feeling? how did your surgery go. ? it was a bad day yesterday i cryed off and on all day at work 2 of my cosins came in to the store and well that didnt help. i have to wait 3 months until they can do a cat scan when they looked at my exrays to see if i had any more kidney stones they found a mass of something on my right aderal gland and they want to wait till 3 months to see if it grows . dr.mike and dr. bundrick both say thats the proper thing to do i disagree. but im not the doc. well let me know how you feel. susan kay

Closed Thread