It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
(female)

heziggy HB User
need to talk/advice

Over the last 6 yrs I have lost many family members. In order: a cousin to brain aneurysm(36) grandmother to heart complications(76), my father to esohagageal cancer(59), cousin to unknown causes(31), uncle to cancer(72), a cousin due to 911 complications(34 NYPD officer d. Jan. '06) and most recently my brother(34, July '06) to a wreckless driver. Also, 14yrs ago, my mother had quadruple bypass and has been in and out of the hospital for various complications. My dad I did not get along very well and some people can't ubderstand why his death does not depress me so much. However, recently, thinking of all these people has really been depressing me. I tink the main reason is that my brother left behind 2 little girls (10 and 13) and its hard for them right now and the rest of my family has not been getting along. I think it has to be harder because of the season.

Does anyone know any ways to help with this loss and family squabbling?

Old 12-20-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
Re: need to talk/advice

I too have had many losses. My mom ,dad ,brother,all my aunts and uncles,a cousin,and all my grandparents. It's tough. I can suggest grief counseling with Hospice ,which will definately help you cope ,but the only thing that will ease your pain is time. My last loss was my mom 3yrs ago. I will always miss her ,but with time the pain does lessen. I had many upsetting disagreements with my remaining brother whom i'm not very close too,and on top of grieving for my mom that was very hard for me. I actually went on an antidepressant for 2yrs ,but have been off for a year now. I wish I could give you the "magic solution" to help you. But just know you are not alone and a lot of people on this board understand what you are going through. Hang in there and take care.....Kat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
Re: need to talk/advice

hello susan kay here remember me the one with the sister in law that bends her arm to much. and gets the loose mouth and calls me after i have gone to bed. i think that every bodys family has squallbles. some worse than others and then when greive is involved i think it just makes it worse. with moms passing seems as though every one has shut down and dosent want to talk about it. every one has their feelings all locked up. i dont have much advice on how to get around that except to just say how you are feeling and tell them that you just wanted them to know and when they are ready they can tell you how they feel. i am learning to do that with my loose mouth sister in law since i hung up on her the other night she said she was sorry. so i hope you are able to keep the lines of communication open in your family.

Closed Thread