It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Susan Kay

Well for Christmas Eve, all of my family and Pete and I got together and went to Lubys for our Christmas Dinner because my Mom had asked me to try and keep the family together so I did it for her. I knew I couldn;t stand up and cool for 2 or 3 days with the shape my legs are in. Girl, I can't wait until Jan 4th gets here si I can have the surgery done because my legs are hurting me more and more every day.

It has rained here all day and I told my Husband that I wanted to stop by the Cemetary on the way home and see Mama and daddy. He wasn't thinking when he told me that it was raining so hard and why didn't I wait and go another time and I told him no that I was going. I just wanted to go tell them how much I loved them, and how I missed them, and I wished them a Merry Christmas too. I know they heard me and they knew I was there. Girl, I stood out there in that rain and it was pouring down and cold too and I will probably end up with bronchitus but I got to stop and talk to them.

Our Dinner was very nice too! I had Turkey and Dressing and the first bite I took, I told everybody it didn't taste like Mama's. They all grinned and they said no way. My Mother was the best cook. I would give anything to have a big pot of Red Beans and some Cornbread and some friend potatos that she cooked and some of her good ole iced tea. Anything she cooked, she made it taste so good.

Well I hope your day went by alright! You've been on my mind and so has your Daddy! Yell him I said hello and to take care of his self and you do the same thing okay?

Big Hugs to you from Texas!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2006, 06:08 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
Re: Susan Kay

hi well christmas eve was o.k. i got off work at 3'00p.m. and came home and was afaid that it was going to be a nothing christmas but daddy was in the kitchen when i went next door to see him and he was in the kitchen and was about to make some banana pudding and he ask me you want to fix some and i told him i never have he said sit down there girl and let me show you how. he roasted some pecans in the oven they were good. and the pudding was to. then later he got out moms christmas disheses and the glasses to match he ask me if i was going to bring over the ham and i told him yes and so he said o.k.to green bean cassrole to. he wanted me to come over early to get started so i came over about 9'00a.m. and got started and then after that my brother and sister in law came in and we had lunch together and thats want i really wanted. so i got some pictures of us. and we visted together it was really nice i think mom would be proud . so my sister in law brought up some deer meat and potatos and corn so we had plenty to eat and we visted with each other. it was really nice. so you take care and e/mail me back.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:46 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Re: Susan Kay

It's so good to hear tjhat you had a good Dinner with your family and that your Dad was in a good mood also. You know he has got to be greiving too so just let nature take it's course. he will get better as time goes by and things will get better for all of us. I am glad that Christmas wasn't a flop for you and your family because the was you was talking that your Dad really didn't want to do anything. I bet you and your Dad will even get closer now so lets hope for that because you really need someone at this time.

All of my family, except for my sister and her husband went to Lubys and eat. It was really nice. Something different because we have always cooked at home, but I have already said that next year we will have it at my house. We did have Thanksgiving at my house, but all I did was cooked and cried, cooked and cried so thats why I said lets go out to eat. But it's not like being at home for the Holidays eating. At least when your home, you do have left overs and then good ole sweets and turkey and dressing left so thats the way I will do it next year.

Take care,
Jan

Closed Thread