It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 01:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Susan I had my surgery and I'm home now!

Well I went in on the 3rd and they done the blood work and EkG. Then they sent me and my Husband up to the 9th floor to Presbyterians Hotel for the night and the room was really nice and clean and girl we even had a couch and a table and chairs in there. That room was big enough for 2 people to live in and would you believe that they even had a Computer set up in the Lobby of the 9th floor if you wanted to get on the internet and I thought that was really nice because I have not seen a hospital that had a computer that you counld just go and get on it.

On the 4th, I was back at addmiting and then they sent me to the Ground Floor where the surgery was take place at and I just barely sat down good intil they called me back to get me ready. I said yes, this is going good! Well they took me to the back to get me prepped and the Doctor was running a little late with his first surgery so they didn't start my surgery until 10:30. They didn't comp;ete;y knock me out but I was calm enough that I was mostly sleeping and girl I found something out that I didn't even know. When the Doctor went in the groin area to get to the main artery, my left leg that I have had so much pain in, there was already a stent in there and I dio not remember them putting that one in. But he said that the left leg had 75% blockage so he removed that stent and he said he put a better stent in there that was already there. When he got to the right leg, I knew I had a stent there and I have been having spme bad pains from that one, he said that scar tissue had growed over the stent so he had to clean it out and I was a sleep and the mext thing I knew I was groaning and then I let out the loudest scream and I know that I woke up everbody in that place. I have never had anything to hurt me like that did, but they shot some more medicine in me and knocked me back out.

Between the Doctor and I, they placed this big plastic looking thing so I couldn't see what he was doing and I woke up and when I opened my eyes, there was a image of my Mama right over that plastic thing and my Mama looked so pretty and then she was gone. I guess she just wanted to let me know that she was there with me thru my surgery. I just cried and cried. The lady that was in there helping the Doctor with the procedire asked me why was I crying was I hurting and I told her no that I looked up and my Mama was there and then she just went away.

The night of my surgery it was around 4:30 I woke up and the nurse was coming in to check on me and to bring me medicine and I was coming up out of that bed because I was sick at my stomach and I knew that I had a virus that was hitting me. Girl I was in bad shape there for a while. They went to get me some Malox and I drank that and then she came back and asked if I felt any better and I told her no and she give me a shot of phenergen and that knocked my lights out. They came in the bathroom and found me a sleep on the potty but I was so sick. For 3 days I haven't been able to eat anything and keep it down and today I finally got to eat and I didn't sick and it's a good thing because I am so weak and I know it's from me goiing all that time not eating. Well I wanted to let you know about my surgery and that I am home and feeling better now. I sure have missed all of you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2007, 08:48 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
Re: Susan I had my surgery and I'm home now!

yea im so glad you are thru with that . now its just the recovery time. i told you about the upset stomach thing from the surgery i dont know why they wait until you start to get sick before they give you the phenegrin. seems to me they would already have it going to prevent it. and if you slept alot so be it . at least it would give you time to get the anisteisa out of your system. i dont know if i told you but i have no more stones ...but when doc. bundrick looked at the x.rays he found a mass that is sitting on top of my right adrnal gland on my right kidney. he ask me if i knew and i said huh? no i didnt know. he said it is about 2 cen. right nw and they are going to wait until 3 MONTHS can you belive that 3 MONTHS to see if it grows. i called dr. cutie pies mikes office and went round and round with dawn and tina 2 of his nurses and they talked to him and he said that he agreed with dr. bundrick that it was the proper proceger i so totally disagree . but im not the doctor so when i go see him on the 26th i am going to tell him he might as well have a seat because we are going to have a disscussion. every body else is going to have to wait . i cant beleive this. have i not had enough? he said[ dr. bundrick] its probly begin but they dont know that right? it may be small right now but waiting to see if it grows. to me thats a litle late. so yes my back hurts back there on my right side. but is that in my head or is it because i have been on my feet alot i have been working a lot of hours this past week. more that usual . over 40 hours. more like 60 so i dont know i only have 5 more working days and then i am on vacation.so i am glad you are home and are thru with that. so post me back . susan kay

Old 01-10-2007, 06:28 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Re: Susan I had my surgery and I'm home now!

Susan,

It could be all the working your doing standing on your feet that is causing the pain. the 3 month waiting period honey is probably normal for them to see if it's onna grow and if they thought that they were waiting to long, wouldn't you think they would check you sooner than 3 months? I know 3 months seems like a long time, but just try not to worry because it might not grow at all and then look at all the worry you went through.

Well how has your 2 days off been from work? I guess you have tried to rest. Sure hope that you have got you some rest. Have you heard where we are suppose to get real cold weather here? One night it's suppose to get down to 25 degrees. We will have to get out our long johns and our electric blankets to stay warm. This old girl will try and stay in the house or I will end up sick. I have felt pretty good today. I haven't gotten sick today at all. Thank God for that. I have had enough of that throwing up and virus stuff. I wouldn't wish that off on anybody!

Take care Susan,
Jan

Closed Thread