It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2007, 10:26 PM   #1
(female)

violaroses HB User
I lost my best friend, my dad, and its so hard.

I need him back so much, Lord knows how much he spoiled us, my daughters- just turned 9, me just turned 35, and mom, 74. he took care of us, he loved us. and now he is gone. It wasnt suppose to be this way.
we thought my parents had 10 more years left, they worked as hard as me, if not more stronger, the most pratical people on the place of the planet didnt even have a will.
we should of known better that life doesnt work out the way you envision. 5 years ago i was struck with spinal menigities that left me still pernamently disabled. so i tease people that it worked the other way around, i thought i would help dad in his old age, but instead he is helping me. : ) . he became my driver, i would fall down alot, and he would pick me up in the literal term : )
cancer quickly and ravisly ate his bones, so we only knew when we put the stubborn man in the hospital that there was nothing they could do, i am sad to say he died a very horrifically painful dealth of 16 days this aug.- a week before my b-day, a month before he turned 70, I was planning the big celebration and instead i had to plan a celebration of my dad but in a different way, in a way i didnt want to/

can a women die of a broken heart? its so painful to for my mom, its so painful to see her in so much pain, i am dying too, my girls are grieving. its such a heavy burden. poor mom had to learn how to drive again on my account, soon i will be able to drive again, my mom calls me mommy, and wants no responsibility ( when her hectic life slows down), and it frightens me, i want my parents back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-11-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
(female)

langy HB User
Re: I lost my best friend, my dad, and its so hard.

im so sorry to hear of your loss.i lost my dad when i was 11 and i lost my stepdad of 18 years who i saw as my dad only 4 months ago. i feel lost and just want the pain to ease.ive read that it can get worse to get better i was doing okay at 2 months but now i feel terrible and i cant even get to work.im not married and dont have kids so its just me and mum again and watching her pain for the second time is awful.i can only say that mum and i got through my dads death it took time but we got there so i know deep down that time eases the hurt although im finding it hard to imagine.grieve for as long as you need to im fed up of having people say its 4 months time to move on and you should be better by now. only the people whove been through it understand.hope this helps.

Closed Thread