It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User
Exclamation daddy yelling at me again

here we go again daddy yelling at me a renter came in to pay his rent and daddy thought i was overly friendly tohim all i did was speak to the man i didnt know who he was so i was trying to ask daddy in a escreet way and he said WOULD YOU GET OUT OF MY WAY AND I JUST LOOKED T HIM AND HE SAID MOVE AND I LOKKED AT HIM AGAIN LIKE HE HAD DONE LOST HIS MINDAND AFTER THE MAN LEFT I DIDNT KNOW WHO HE WAS HE SAID IF YOU ARE GOING TO HANG OUT WITH HIM DO IT SOMWHERE ELSE NOT AROUND HERE. I DIDNT EVEN KNOW WHO HE WAS. I TOLD HI YOU BEST STOP HOLLERING AT ME IM NOT 5 YEARS OLD ANY MORE. HE AID SOME TIMES YOU CANT BE NIE TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT.[ MEANING SOME MEN] I TOLD HIM LOOK I HAVE ROWN UP ALOT SINCE MOM DIED AND ALL YOU HAD TO SAY WAS THIS WAS MR. SO AND SO AND HE RENTS AT ;;; AND THAT WOULD HAE BEEN FINE INTEAD HE TARTS HOLLERING AT ME NOW YALL SHOULD KNOW ME WELL ENOUGH O THIS BOARD THAT TALKING TO ME LIKE I AM SOME KIND OF DUMB IS NOT THE WAY[ MODERATERS I M SORRY BUT VENTING HELPS] I TOLD HIM HE WAS IN A STINKING MOOD TONIGHT AND HE BEST STOP HOLLERING AT ME I AM 47 NOT 5 HE SAID YOU NEED TO GO TO YOUR HOUSE I SAID OH SO NOW YOU ARE THROGHING ME OUT OF THE HOUSE I SAID YOU BEST STOP THIS HOLLERING AT ME HE SAID YOU AN GO TALK TO THE WALLS IM NOE HOLLERING AT YOU I SAYS YES YOPU ARE I DIDNT EEN KNOW WHO HE WAS. I SAID IM GOING TO MY OUSE AND I HOPE YOU ARE IN A BETTER MOOD TOMMOROW.[I GO BACK TO WORK FROM VACAION SO I WONT HAVE TO LOOK AT HIM ]BESIDES WHO SAYS I WOULD WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH HIM ANY WAY HE SAID YOU WRE BEING OERLY FRIENDLY I SAID I SPOKE TO THE MAN . [APPARTLY HE MUST BE AN UNSVERY CHACTER] I DONT EVEN KNOW THE MAN FISRT TIME I V EVER SEEN HIM. ] I AM GETING REALLY REALLY REALLY TIRED OF DADDY THINKING HE CAN HOLLER AT ME AND THINK HE IS GOING TO GET AWAY WITH IT I AM 47 NOW AND O DONT HAVE TO AND WILL NOT ALLOW SOME BODY ANY BODY TO BLATLY HOLLER AT ME. I RAISE MY VOICE TO DR. MIKE SEVERAL TIMES IF I HAVE THOUGHT HE WAS WRONG[ HE WASNT BUT THATS ANOTHER STORY WHAT AM I GOING TO DO ABOUT DADY HOLLERING AT ME. ? I HAVE JUST ABOUT HAD ENOGH. :

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 11:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User
Re: daddy yelling at me again

Susan,

Do you think he was just having a bad day? Or do you think he did that to you because of you having the little talk with him over the ladies down the street from him? Maybe he is trying to get back at you for you saying something to him about his women friends. You just never know what might be going through his mind at this time.

Hvae you thought about just calling him to see if he is alright and maybe just staying away for a while to see if that would help thing any? I didn't have that problem when my Dad passed away from my Mom so this is just a guessing game you would call it that he is taking his anger out on you for what you said to him about his friends. You just never know what to do anymore do you? Bless your heart! Well I hope things get better for you because I know that noone wants to be hollered at.

Good luck at work tomorrow!

Jan

Old 01-27-2007, 11:52 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

Susankay...
As you may or may not know ..anger can be one of the stages in the grieving process. He may be having a hard time containing his anger right now, and sorry ,but you got caught in the crossfire..And you know that men don't usually let their feelings hang out there like we women do ,.S ometimes the only outlet they have to express their pain and suffering is through anger. Also if he thinks this man is a little on the unsavory side he may be being a tad overprotrective of you right now. You know, a long time ago i used to think that bad things only happened to other people .But now that I've experienced some of my worst nightmares come true , as a parent and grandparent ,I tend to be a little overprotective myself these days. ( plus my mom was a "champion worrier" and some of it rubbed off on me )
Hang in there....Kathryn

Old 01-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

Susan, I have to agree with Jan-everyone needs to be alone-have time to themselves. Maybe that's what he wants-time to himself-to cry,laugh, think over things alone. Cherie

Old 01-30-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi yes everyone has said the same thing so some things have happened to me since i wrote that i have a new sweetheart and he has moved in with me so maybe now i will have my mind on my new adventure rather than hovering over my dad. and we went to him like adults and talked to him and he didnt have a problem with it he said just to come through the back door of my house i thought that was funny bobby ask why and i told hime you know baby girl man living in the house with her and he sas oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i laughed. so a lot has happened bobby makes me smile and we like being wih each other so i guess we will see. so i will give my dady some space. so whats up with everyone else.

Old 01-31-2007, 05:28 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

All is fine here. Good luck with Bobby! Cherie

Old 01-31-2007, 01:14 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

you know its a shame this would have never happened if mom was still here she would have never allowed it but we have known each other for awhile we work together [different depts. and usually hours. i normally have a few hours different from him.i miss mom god knows i do but i am finially able to have an adult life. 47 and i am grown at last.daddy has always been the one that us 3 could talk to with mom it was her way are the high/way its a shame.i miss her but i am fininally being able to beleive i can do something on my on. i wonder what she thinks now. i wonder if she is having a fit giving god a hard time or is she o.k. what does she think of me now?

Old 01-31-2007, 03:27 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

Susan, I'm sure we all wonder the same thing when it comes to loss of a loved one. I do things so differntly than when my mom was alive-she'd be ticked-off!! But that's life! I miss her alot and there are times that I'd love to have her back to give me some advice-but that's not gonna happen. Enjoy your new life!!! cherie

Old 02-06-2007, 01:22 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi i had a really really bad dream last night mom was in it well it was all about her she was very disapproving and she tries to choke me and i told her just to die i woke up and sat up and bobby said baby whats the matter i told him just a bad dream.i went to the gravesite and told her she has got to stop this i want her to come to me in agood dream and these last two dreams were not good ones i want her to come to me in a good dream i have to be happt in my life and its not fair to me i love her but she has to stop he loves me he does things around the house and after him being here the first few days he went and ought grocries and he bought a new showr head and installed it this morning [i joked and told him i may not need him as mush now that i have a new shower head [ sorry modulaters ] he cleanded the comode and got that iron build up out . hes just wonder ful i have never been this happy in all my life. i love her because she is my mom but no more bad dreams. i told her i would see her next sunday weather permitting. what do yall think? thanks susan kay

Old 02-06-2007, 06:34 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

Well susankay..i'm sure that your mom is not coming to you in your dreams. It's your own projection of what YOU think your mom would feel if she was still here, which would be disaproval.. It's on your mind and it's working it's way into your dreams. Here's what I truly think. Our loved ones who have passed over may be aware of what is going on our lives ,but it;s not something they fixate on and there is absolutely NO judgement on the "other side. " I truly think that your mom would want you to be happy and if Bobby is making you happy (and obviously he is) then your mom would be very happy for you.Trust me on this.... So relax and let it go, and I bet those bad dreams will pass.
take care , Kathryn

Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 AM   #11
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

SusanKay-I read Kathryn's thread-think she hit it on the nail! You're happy-that's all that matters....even though your mom has passed away-she'd want you to be happy.....SO BE HAPPY!!!!!! cherie

Old 02-07-2007, 05:23 PM   #12
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

THANKS YALL I HAVE NEVER BEEN HAPPER IN MY LIFE HE IS JUST WONDERFUL THE FIRST FEW DAYS HE WAS HERE HE BOUGHT GROCIERIES and he replaced the shower head and he wont let me do any thing thats heavy im so used to doing things my self . today i retiled the kithen floor and the hall and the bathroom [you know they put that very thin white tile on the floor and i never could get it clean o i went to freds and bought all of their wood grain type tile and the house looks so good it looks like a new house im so proud of [my / ours ] house ] he is going to be surprised when he gets home tonight at 8;00. i have done so much work on it i just love it and i am so satified that i am not waking up 2 or 3 times a niht now [except for the bad dream]. i guess i am catching up on my sleep now o thanks yall. susan kay im smiling every day all day i miss mom but i just cant help feeling better you know?

Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

Susan,

Hey girl! I haven't seen you on the board and I've been worried about you wondering if you were sick or something. But now I see why you haven't been visiting as much. You got a New Man in your life and Susan I think thats great. You need somebody to ome home to and someone to sit and talk with. You know we are not getting any younger you know! If you are happy with Bobby, and he is happy with you, then that is great. I think you having a man around the house will take a big load off of your mind. You will not be sitting and worrying about all your health problems and thinking who is mad at you. The dream you said you had, I think like Kathryn said. You were wondering how would your Mom feel about your relationship with this man and you knew that she would probably not of approved of it. But I look at it this way, to each your own. What are you gonna get your Honey for Valentines Day? Remember it's right round the corner and don't forget and leave him out. Well I hope to talk to you again soon. Don't stay gone so long. Now that I know your alright, I feel better now.

Jan

Old 02-20-2007, 09:31 AM   #14
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi valinines dy was awsome he got me a very large ballon and a very large bear with [red] and it had you and me with2007 writen on it and a very sweet card with stuff like in all the world and all the places and all the things we found each other and a boquet of flowers i got hima ballon and a gift card and a sweet card. and we spent the day toghther. it ws wonderful. we have been very happy for 3 whole weeks now i came hime and he had replaced all of the blinds in the house the good kind that look like wood they are white and re so pretty.i went to see moms grave yesterday and i had put a shepards hook with a windchime on it and i talked to her and kissed her head stone and felt good when i left and told her i would see her next week. so life is good i hope it continues . thanks yall susan kay

Old 02-20-2007, 09:37 AM   #15
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi valinines dy was awsome he got me a very large ballon and a very large bear with [red] and it had you and me with2007 writen on it and a very sweet card with stuff like in all the world and all the places and all the things we found each other and a boquet of flowers i got hima ballon and a gift card and a sweet card. and we spent the day toghther. it ws wonderful. we have been very happy for 3 whole weeks now i came hime and he had replaced all of the blinds in the house the good kind that look like wood they are white and re so pretty.i went to see moms grave yesterday and i had put a shepards hook with a windchime on it and i talked to her and kissed her head stone and felt good when i left and told her i would see her next week. so life is good i hope it continues . thanks yall susan kay

Closed Thread