It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 12:34 PM   #1
(female)

waf HB User
Friend died 2 years ago and i am still grieving,.

Hello,. My friend Dylan he was twelve years old and i was the same age just 12 days apart,. I loved him like a brother and it was shocking to hear he had died,. I was in the hallway at my school and people kept telling me "I heard Dylan died/passed away",. I couldn't believe them,. I kept saying "No he isn't dead it's just a joke",. Sitting there just doing my morning work, i heard the intercom come on,. They said, "I'm sorry but one of our students Dylan Lee Taghon died over the weekend, please have a moment of silence as we remember him",. I dropped my pencil and i starting crying hard,. I kept thinking this isn't real wake up your dreaming,. When it was time to go to his funeral i walked in and i couldn't look at him at first,. It was like he was sum sort of doll or sumthing that wasn't real,. When i saw the bike he use to ride i started to cry and cry and cry,. The tears kept coming,. Till this day i still can't get over him i cry every night thinking i could of saved him i could of done sumthing to help him,. Anyone have any helpful suggestions on how to get through this,.

Old 02-14-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User
Re: Friend died 2 years ago and i am still grieving,.

Have you talked with your parents or counslers in your school? It wasn't your fault-think of all the good times you had with him! cherie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
(female)

mom4ever17 HB User
Re: Friend died 2 years ago and i am still grieving,.

Was he ill, why do you feel you could have saved him...That is alot of pressure to put on one's little self. It is hard to understand at any age why someone passes, let alone 12...Have you tried writing a letter to him to say good bye, and having a small little ceremony and burning it, maybe your family would help you join in this special good bye...And don't be afraid to say your angry, your grieving after 2 years, but its ok to be angry, these are normal responses when someone dies, Let him know its ok to leave, let him go and carry him in your heart..We will never forget but we need to forgive and remember - the very special years you spent as friends....it is also hard to hear from everyone else, someone should have pulled you aside...Im sorry for you pain, a mom....

Closed Thread