It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

kelly88 HB User
Feel like I'm dying

I feel like my whole world is being torn apart.

In 2005 my uncle was diagnosed with cancer. I'd never been close to him, we didn't live close. But for a year or so before he got cancer I'd started getting to know him better and he was truely a fantastic man. Things started getting better, we thought the cancer was going to go but we were wrong. Christmas 2005 the family came to visit and he seemed better. My parents said at the time that he looked really ill and they didn't think he was going to make it. I refused to believe it and went on being happy that he looked better when now I can see my parents were right, he was looking extremely ill. Just a month or so later he was gone. At the time it felt like the hardest thing I'd ever had to go through. I still feel dreadful about it but the pain has eased I suppose.

Around the same time my uncle was diagnosed with cancer a very close family friend was also diagnosed with cancer. Again, he seemed to be getting better. The day before Christmas eve 2005 he was told by the hospital he should go home and enjoy Christmas because things were looking brilliant, he was going to get better. They were wrong. By May last year he was gone too.

Since then I've blanked it out. It's like it hasn't happened. I refuse to think about it.

Today things have just become too much. My mum told me my friend had died. She had a severe asthma attack last week and is gone. I thought what I felt when my uncle died was bad but this is just way more than I've ever felt in my entire life. As my mum was telling me I felt like my heart was going to explode, I got so dizzy I thought I was going to pass out and now it's like I'm so tired I just want to sleep and blank the pain out. She didn't deserve this, she didn't deserve it at all. I haven't seen her in a few months now I feel soooo guilty. Why did this have to happen, why have 3 people died in the last year. I'm devastated, totally devastated. It feels as though my whole world is crumbling. I just feel so strange and confused. One minute I want to break down and cry, the next I'm trying to blank it and pretend it's not happening.

Don't know what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 10:41 AM   #2
(female)

suziewoozie HB User
Re: Feel like I'm dying

im so sorry youve gone through all that in such a short space of time.

there isnt really an answer. as soon as you started getting over one thing, another, just as terrible, thing happened, and then it happened again.

all you can do is get through every day. you shouldnt feel guilty about not seeing your friend. it doesnt matter, truly. you were friends, end of story. if you'd spent every day together, it wouldnt have made any difference.
i believe that we go on after we die, and that our loved ones are around us.
that can help.

try not to feel so bad. theres nothing anyone can do in these situations, just do the best you can every day.

all my love to you, and i hope you well for the future. xxxxx(((((((((((hugs)))))))))

Old 02-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #3
(female)

kelly88 HB User

Thanks.

I thought things would get better as the days go on but I'm not feeling any better, I just feel worse. I don't want to talk to anyone, don't feel like I know how to talk about it. Just feel so angry at everyone right now and I know I really shouldn't, it's not anyone's fault, no one could stop it but... argh. Just want to be left alone. I haven't slept properly, when I eat I feel ill, just wish I could feel a tiny bit better but it just seems to be getting worse

Old 02-18-2007, 12:47 PM   #4
(female)

suziewoozie HB User

to be honest, that sounds perfectly normal to me. really. that can happen, just when you think it should be getting better, it seems to get worse.

you're moods are totally normal too.

try not to be too hard on yourself, you will feel better one day, i promise.

you're just in a bit of a fog at the moment, and you cant see past it, you think you will be trapped in these emotions and feeling forever. you wont, trust me

big hugs for you, and dont beat yourself up, things will get better xxx

Closed Thread