It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

sdavid1 HB User
Unhappy I recently lost my baby girl 2wks old

I gave birth to my baby girl (Liberty) Jan 23 of this year and she passed 2wks later. I am having a hard time accepting this and was wondering if there was anyone out there who has experience with this. She was my first baby and I was so excited about her entering the world and then she was taken from me. I dont know what to do!

Old 02-17-2007, 08:38 PM   #2
(female)

serinity HB User
Re: I recently lost my baby girl 2wks old

I have not lost a child but I am so sorry for your loss.
Sending big hugs your way

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

CoyoteBound HB User

sdavid1,

i am so sorry to hear that you lost your baby! That has got to be one of the hardest things to do is bury your child. Maybe you could get some counceling to help you cope with this. I know it's got to be terrible for you. My thoughts and prayrs go out to you!

God Bless You,
Jan

Old 02-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

B143C HB User

Hi. I'm so sorry for your loss of your daugther. I can not imagine what you are going thru. I was on my way to the foot problems board when something made me click into this forum - the first thing I saw was your post.

I am Christian writer and children's ministry aurthor . . . just last week I felt compelled to write a little piece for one of my regular companies I freelance for. As soon as I saw your post - I knew I had to post it for you. I seldom write things like this. I"ve never been in this paticular forum . . . perhaps it was meant for you. . .

You will be in my prayers. Remember John 14:27 and hide it in your heart. There could be no greater comforter for you both. Jesus has a rocking chair . . . I'm sure of it! Don't be afraid to seek help. Take time for yourself and remember one thousand years on earth is but a day in heaven. Live long and live on and as God says - Be still and know that I am God.

My child you have a new home
And although it saddens me,
I know it is a special place
Where someday I too shall be.
Faith tells me not to give up . . .
But to close my eyes a while
And I can see you standing with God.
I can see your shining smile.
You are so happy and full of life!
Your checks rosy and red -
With those wings you always hid so well
And a halo atop your head.
I hear God whisper to me
And I know youíre not alone
Sitting on the Fatherís lap
There upon his throne.
You become like the sun at night,
Or like the morning air -
I do not have to see those things
To know that they are there.
My little angel now watches over me
I am never alone. . .
And this my promise to you my angel . . .
My child I will live on.

Old 02-19-2007, 12:43 AM   #5
(female)

terry111 HB User

I have never lost a child. I just wanted to let you know I am sorry for your loss and for the days that follow. I know I would be so devastated, angry, sad and totally hurt if it happened to me. With all deaths, there are many emotions, but with the death of your little baby girl, who you carried inside of you for so long, who you wanted to bring into the world to live a happy life--well, that must seem so unfair to you and to her. It wasn't time for her yet, etc... If you are religious at all, maybe try turning to that for help. If not, just try to cry and talk as much as you can about it and keep the memories of her you have alive and clear. I'm soooo sorry!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 04:26 PM   #6
(female)

calgarygirl HB User

I also have not lost a child, I can't imagine how devastating it would be. I would suggest some support groups and plenty of family and friends to help with your loss. Hopefully in time you will be able to have another child and fall in love all over again. I'm deeply sorry for your loss.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
(female)

Diane817 HB User

My thoughts are with you. Please take care.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:42 PM   #8
(male)

Lex2 HB User

I am very sorry for your loss and I will send a prayer your way.

I dont have first hand experience, but a good friend of mine lost her 3rd child at 2 weeks old as well.
As a friend, as time went on, I didnt know what to do. She told me the best thing to do for her was to be there and talk to her and not pretend that she didnot exist.
Everyone responds to grief differently.....I just wanted to pass that along to you.
Again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

HI FIRST LET ME TELL YOU IM SO SORRY FOR YOU LOSING YOUR BABY GIRL i lost my mom almost 5 months ago and nothing any one can say is going to make you feel better cry get mad work through al of your emotions i go see her every sunday and i have just put a shepareds hook with a wind chime on her grave and i am thinking about putting a solar light on it to i was there yesterday and a friend of mine was with me and i saw that a lot of people have done that and some if there loved one is by a tree they have decorated the tree with beads /windchimes / hanging toys just what ever makes it a little easier. so its o.k. do what ever you need to do to get through this lots and lots of prayers are with you now i am so sorry. susan kay

Old 03-05-2007, 08:32 PM   #10
(female)

AmyW HB User

I'm so, so sorry that you lost your precious little girl. This is your time to grieve and cry as much and as often as you need to. Talk to Liberty, she can hear you loud and clear. I'm not sure if this will help any but my Uncle was lost in Iraq in April of '04. He loved children like you would not believe. I am certain that he's in heaven entertaining the heck out of all the little ones that went home to God. Please keep talking to us and know that we're all here for you. Many hugs, much love.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #11
(male)

zevi8 HB User

I am sorry for your loss. I have never personally gone through something like this but my parents buried a child (2 years old). I wasnt born at the time so i dont know how they dealt with it. If you dont mind my asking, how did you lose her?

Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #12
(female)

HarrysMum HB User

hi, I also have just lost my child. He died on the 19th of January. He was 2 and a half. The pain and hurt and anger are something out of this world. As we sit in our homes with our childs toys, clothes and our few memories, what is the meaning of it all? I think that it must be something. Such a horrible thing to go through, to loose a child, but worse, to live without them! But I always think that Harrsion will be up in heaven saying "why are you crying Mum? I'm right here and Im ok" I concentrate on getting through hour by hour and I always find that when I have a big cry I feel better for a few hours sometimes even days, then it builds up again. I have been doing some research and people say that time is the only thing that helps. I guess that we have to live through this horrible time, and make our children proud. I believe that our children grow in heaven, and when we get there they will be there to meet us, grown, nurtured and healthy! I hope that you are doing ok today, What was your little girls name? I would like to know so that I can think of her when I think of my Harry.

Old 03-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #13
(female)

rdbroxton HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I myself lost my little girl Courtney Baye in 1995. She was 99 days old. She passed away due to corrective surgery for a genetic disorder, one that when I was pregnant didn't even know she had. It was a disorder that an amneo (sp?) wouldn't pick up. I know that for the longest time I just couldn't stop crying, was angry and kept blaming myself for everything but learned over time that it is just one of those things that happen and no ones fault. It was just her time, God just needed her back. She was here for a purpose to help someone, I may never know what that is but god does. I have found that talking about it does help get it outside of yourself. One day and I'm not saying it will be anytime soon you will learn to accept it and move on but you do have to grieve. You just need to know that when you talk to her she does hear you and she is in perfect health in heaven watching over you. You will be with her again one day, don't ever forget that.

Old 03-23-2007, 10:04 PM   #14
(female)

MissCeCe HB User

I lost my son on 3/1/07 - he was 10 weeks old. Reading the responses to your thread have helped a little. I can't even offer one thought of what will help. I have heard too that time will help, but at this point, I don't really see how it can. My son was a twin, and we still have his brother. All I do is cry or want to cry during the day while I'm at work, and then I get home and we're busy taking care of the one that survived. They were 12 weeks early and these were our first children. Like someone suggested earlier, I have a good cry, and I've found that that lasts for about a week before I have another one. I'm hoping it will get easier, because right now I feel like I'll never be okay. So many people have said that at least I have one. That doesn't matter, losing a child is losing a child and nothing can make it more bearable. Actually I did think of one thing that has helped - having someone to share with. My husband and I usually fall apart at least twice a week, but at different times, so we can be strong for each other. I can't imagine having to go through this alone. Hopefully things will get more bearable for you.

Old 03-24-2007, 06:32 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Madam Captain HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zevi8 View Post
I am sorry for your loss. I have never personally gone through something like this but my parents buried a child (2 years old). I wasnt born at the time so i dont know how they dealt with it. If you dont mind my asking, how did you lose her?
I have never lost a child either but my grandparents buried a daughter just after she turned 2. She had encephalitis but she also got pneumonia and passed away. My Mum was about 7 at the time and her brother was 5. Last year, my Mum, her brother and his wife and I went to the cemetary where their sister was buried and we found her grave. My mum and her brother hadn't been there since they were kids so they had forgotten where her grave was. It never had a headstone but after my Mum did some research, she got a map of the part of the cemetary where her sister was buried (the cemetary is huge). We found her resting place, despite horrible weather (it was freezing cold and raining) and a very confusing map. Our first attempt at finding the grave was unsuccessful and we had to go to the office. We knew it closed at 3 and it was about 3.15 but for some reason, someone was still there. Then we got a better map and tried again. We realised that we had been in the right section of the cemetary all along and we had actually walked past her grave!! My mum and her brother were so excited!! We like to think that their sister somehow made sure we found her resting place. We even got photos of where she was buried (although there is still no headstone there) and it was a great moment!!

Closed Thread