It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2007, 05:35 PM   #1
(female)

cushing HB User
so very sad

I am at a loss here.My father whom I love to death is dying.He is in a nursing home and is doing poorly.Hospice has been sent in and I feel like I failed.I feel so guilty because I feel I should of done more.I wanted to get him out of there along time ago and it was not easy.I am so depressed about this.He had only been in the nursing home for 10 months. Its a long story to begin with and I beleive the nursing home he was in was neglectful in his care.I have filed a complaint with the state dept and are awaiting there findings.I dont know if anyone out there has ever gone through this.I know I should seek some counseling.If I dont I think the guilt is going to eat me alive.My father is 63 years old and its so very sad to see this happen to the great man he is.I am so sad.

Old 03-02-2007, 03:28 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User
Re: so very sad

Why was he placed in nursing home?You've done nothing wrong. I have a friend that couldn't care for her father due to a stroke he had about a year ago-and they placed him in a nursing home. The same happened to him-so they found another-which they loved. But he recently passed away-they lived day by day-went to visit him every week. It was the best thing to happen-him lived a long life-passed when he was 86!! I hope to make it that far! Will keep some thoughts and prayers going. cherie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2007, 08:29 PM   #3
(female)

AmyW HB User

I'm sorry to hear that your dad is doing poorly. Can you have him moved from the nursing home and into a hospice center? They're trained in that area and would provide him with more appropriate and compassionate care. Lots of love and hugs to you. I feel for you, going through such a terrible time.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MAD MAZ HB User

God Bless you and your dear dad, you are both in my prayers...Mandy

Old 08-21-2008, 11:32 AM   #5
(female)

cushing HB User

Its been a while sinse Ive posted. I look back at all of my postings and it floods my memory with what I was going through.
My father passed away 3-04-07
It took me over a year to try to deal with my quilt. I am still struggeling somedays.
I wish you all could of known him.
He was the smartest,funniest,most caring man in my life.
He is greatly missed.

I love you dad

Closed Thread