It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 04:33 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

misskitty20 HB User
I grieve for my daughter

My daughter was murdered by her boyfriend Sept 27, 05. He has been sentenced to LWOP. She was only 20. I am so saddened and depressed it is hard each day.

I hold a full time job. I gained at least 20 # I hate overeating but it gives me comfort. I have no ambition to excercise. I have went to a homicide survivors group but it never continued because of not enough members. I have talked to grief counselors. They give me pills for my major depression and post traumatic stress syndrome, but I do not take them because I feel it just masks the pain and grief.

I miss my daughter more than anyone would know.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: I grieve for my daughter

Hi misty --- I am so sorry for your loss. I do understand. My 21 year old daughter passed away almost 10 years ago in a horrible car accident. I know it's different ways but the feeling is the same. 10 years later she is still with me always. The pain eases somewhat in time but the longing is still here. My prayers will go up for you for some peace. There is no loss like that of your child. God be with you and may her rest in His arms.

ICC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
(female)

Elle47 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by misskitty20 View Post
My daughter was murdered by her boyfriend Sept 27, 05. He has been sentenced to LWOP. She was only 20. I am so saddened and depressed it is hard each day.

I hold a full time job. I gained at least 20 # I hate overeating but it gives me comfort. I have no ambition to excercise. I have went to a homicide survivors group but it never continued because of not enough members. I have talked to grief counselors. They give me pills for my major depression and post traumatic stress syndrome, but I do not take them because I feel it just masks the pain and grief.

There is a great group for parents who have lost a child called 'The Compassionate Friends'. they understand better than anyone. take care.

Old 03-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

Have you contacted a local church to see if they could help you? They may know of local groups that get together monthly. I know my church contacted me after my mom passed away-it helps. cherie

Old 03-10-2007, 01:19 AM   #5
(female)

ANONN007 HB User

I am truly sorry for your loss my daughter passed away also in 2005 she was ill and I truly miss her so I can identify with how you feel

( removed )

I to have gained weight.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-10-2007 at 07:14 AM. Reason: promoting other forums

Old 03-10-2007, 04:02 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

misskitty20 HB User

Thanks everyone for your help and support!

Old 03-12-2007, 05:07 AM   #7
(female)

Proud2BMe HB User

I lost my 3 1/2 mo old baby to the hands of my ex-bf, Sept. 02. He got 6yrs 5mo. Today at work, a girl came in to eat, (I am a waitress), with her 3mo baby girl. The baby started to cry, and for the first time in 2 years, I had to get away. Thought I was gonna lose it right there in the restaurant. I have only broken down and really cried about 3-4 times since the funeral.

Don't know why I am posting this, but I believe there must be some reason.

Thanks for your time.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:51 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

misskitty20 HB User

he only got 6 years ***!!

I am very sorry for your loss, I am a waitress too. It is hard to see other 20 year olds with thier mommies.

I feel it is hard to talk about but that is what needs to be done in order to let out some sadness otherwise it will build up inside you and you will be sick mentally and physically.

I hope you have some sort of support

Old 03-12-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

You know what's weird...I feel the same way when I see a older mom and daughter together-I lost my mom last July to nsclcancer. Mom was 75 years young and so much fun to be with. I have tears rolling down my cheek as I type this. I've discovered that sometimes you're better off to cry than hold it in. cherie

Closed Thread