It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2007, 05:32 AM   #1
(female)

Purplegirl07 HB User
Unhappy I miss my Dad

Just a bit of background for you, my dad was only 40 years old when he died just over 2 years ago now. He was on his way home from work when his life was cruelly snatched away from him when a stupid, irresponsbile, drunk 17 year old crashed into him. The boy had no drivers license, and the car was a 4x4 jeep style thing and was his mum's. He was in the year below me in secondary school and I hate him. He stole my dad's life and I will never forgive him. I am feeling worse about everything at the moment as my grandad is ill in hospital and I am scared to lose him and don't think I can bear to lose another older male role model. He is my gramps and I love him but right now I long for a hug from my dad. He was the nicest, man you could ever meet. He looked like a bit of a scary man as he was quite well built but he wouldn't hurt anyone. Now he is gone and he wont see anything good in my life, it's harder as im pregnant and my child will not know their grandpa. He wont be there to walk me down the aisle when I marry my fiance.

I wish he was here because I need him and have a huge hole in my heart where he used to be, now it just feels empty. I was a daddy's girl through and through, he would know how to make me feel better and now I just don't know what to do. Just sitting here crying for him. I just feel overwhelmed with grief today.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: I miss my Dad

Hi purplegirl ---- I am so sorry for your loss. When we lose someone we love it seems that all illness and deaths remind us of our loved ones. it just seems to make it harder. We wish we had those we love close tous to help us through the nest one. I also was a "daddy's girl" My Dad passes almost 15 years ago. Much older than yours but the missing space in my heart is still not filled. When I am hurt, lonely or sad I always pretend my Dad is on my shoulder. I talk to him and I think if he were here what would he tell me to do. What would he do. How would he handle this. I have gotten answers many times and it has helped so much. I will send a prayer up for you. God bless.

ICC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2007, 05:05 PM   #3
(female)

emt815 HB User

Dear Purplegirl07,

I am so sorry for your lose. We lost a young man who was like our own son. When his young brother got married his family set up a small memorial for his brother. He said it was like having his big brother there. They had a picture and lit candles and too a moment to remember him. It was truly beautiful and I know Caleb was there with his brother and all the ones he loved. I truly believe your dad will be there with you. Just remember to think of all the good times and write down your memories for your children, so they will be able to know how much your dad was loved and how much he loved you.

God Bless You...

Old 03-16-2007, 05:18 AM   #4
(female)

Purplegirl07 HB User

Thank you for your kind words, they mean a lot. My life has taken a turn for the worst and i am no longer pregnant, i suffered a miscarriage yesterday. Feeling quite upset about everything and am feeling like i am losing everyone that i love. i feel cursed, that the people around me are dying and it's my fault.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
(female)

clawson44 HB User

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. He died very young and pretty much when you need him most. I lost my only sister to a tragic car accident in 1996 and she was 33 years old and died leaving three children. It is getting better for me and it will get better for you too. Find friends you can talk to, write a letter to your dad, keep a journal of the good memories and your feelings each day. Find a support group. If you feel like crying, please do, because that is part of the grieving process. God bless you and keep hoping. Life does go on.

Old 04-08-2007, 04:03 AM   #6
(female)

Toffee1 HB User

I am very sorry for your loss too. I have had a lot of losses in my life over a short period of time the most devastating being my dad. We lost him to a heartache on his way to work after going back after the new year.

For me too, the hardest things to come to terms with was the things he was going to miss. I always had a dream, ever since I was a little girl about my dad walking me down the aisle when I got married - I never thought that dream would never come true.

I got married in July '06 and I don't know what got me through that day. I suppose it was the thought of what my dad would say if I didn't and the desire to make him really proud of me. That was all I wanted as I was growing up - if I achieved that I was happy and I knew he was.

There are no magic words to take away the pain - no words of wisdom - I sometimes feel the pain like it was yesterday even after these years. But as long as you have a good network of people you can turn to at these times and just try getting through a day at a time. That's all I am doing at the moment.

Wish you the best.

Old 04-10-2007, 04:59 AM   #7
(female)

sally12 HB User

Hi Purplegirl07,
Sorry about your dad and losing your baby, NEVER think it is your fault thats not true and you know it your dad is allways with you he will be there the day you get married and he will be proud and when you do have a baby he will be watching over you he is allready a proud grandad and will look after your son or daugher who is with him now death will never make sense and i dont think anyone gets over losing a loved one I lost my mum nearly 2 years ago suddenly, today is my birthday and when I woke up this morning I was sad my husband bought me a lovely ring and my first thought was mum would love it and then it hit I cant go and show her it or get a pressie from her but I know she is looking down on me and I know she is saying that's a lovely ring and you are spoilt rotten she allways used to say my hubby spoils me. you take it easy and look after yourself, sending hugs and prayers to you

Closed Thread