It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

greenidme HB User
sudden loss

My ex-husband died suddenly 2 weeks ago- he was perfectly healthy but had an ascending aortic dissection (his aorta tore through all three layers).
My son was with him. He's 17. He is taking it terribly hard. I am too- no one seems to understand that even though he was my ex, we were still good friends and I still loved him- he was the father of my son!!!
I just still can't believe it is true. Now I'm dealing with all the legal stuff and it's all I can do just to handle a little bit of it all each day. The weekends have been especially hard. No business to tend to- just the empty feelings.
I really want to help my son get through this but don't know what to do. He's 17 and isn't leaning on me- leans on friends which I guess is normal.
Any advice?

Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
(female)

jdwrcc HB User
Re: sudden loss

My 14 yrs old daughter and i went to a companionship program offer through some hospital to help you and your family get through these rough times it something you and your son can do together with other families who have lost a love one . you need to be with others who understand what you are going through and will allow you both to grieve and become close together through this painful journey

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2007, 11:35 PM   #3
(female)

jdwrcc HB User

My 14 yrs old daughter and i went to a companionship program offer through some hospital to help you and your family get through these rough times it something you and your son can do together with other families who have lost a love one . you need to be with others who understand what you are going through and will allow you both to grieve and become close together through this painful journey

Old 04-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #4
(female)

greenidme HB User

Thanks jd. I will look into it. I know it is affecting him more than it seems like it is right now. I can only imagine losing a parent at his age. Especially a boy losing his father. Thanks again for your input!

Closed Thread