It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

forafriend71 HB User
she found his body

my best friend just found her brothers body, he had hung himself and had been there for some days how can i help her she is 2ooo kilometers away and cannot face the phone she is both traumatised and grieving. I have phoned each day and told family to pass the message that I am thinking of her and just a phone call away. I will not pressure her to talk just to let her know I am thinking of her. I cannot get to where she is. Her family tells me she is very withdrawn but I do not think they will seek professional counselling for her I am scared for her. Any advice

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #2
(female)

greenidme HB User
Re: she found his body

Trauma counselling may be helpful for her. Regular therapy probably won't do much good because she has experienced a very traumatic event. It's bad enough to lose someone to suicide, but to find them like that--- and a brother at that! Be her friend. Listen. Tell her how much you care and offer any help she may need. None of this may appear to help at once but over the long run, she will appreciate it. She will never really "get over" this but she can get through it a past it eventually. It takes time.
My thoughts and prayers are with her.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-08-2007, 12:18 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Karen W. HB User
Re: she found his body

Your friend is going threw a very difficult time, she most likey wants to just shut out the world, if she dose not call you, I would start sending her cards, thinking of you or I'm miss you type of cards, not symphty cards, maybe send her some flowers, some form of communication that will reach her door. She is in total shock , she is morning and maybe even angery that her brother did this to himself, allot of unaswered questions he left behind, what dose her family say to your when you talk to them???
Karen W.

Closed Thread