It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #1
(female)

SPYEWELL HB User
Unhappy Grandmother

Been four years since my Grandmother died. Still missing her extremely....and the numbness is still there. My life will never be the same....really have a tough time dealing with it all.

Last edited by SPYEWELL; 04-04-2007 at 04:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2007, 06:12 PM   #2
(female)

newgardener HB User
Re: Grandmother

I recently lost my grandmother too. She was also really close to me. The pain is very new to pain but I am here if you need someone to listen to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 08:10 AM   #3
(female)

Psimer HB User
Re: Grandmother

My grandmother has been dead almost 20 years now. I visit her grave when I go to see my dad. The irony is that she lived to be 96 and in the next grave is a baby that died the same day it was born. Life is so unpredictable.

The pain changes with time. It never goes away but it's different. I lost my mother in April. The pain is still new and raw. But I know that in time it will change.

Sara

Old 06-14-2007, 03:26 PM   #4
(female)

SPYEWELL HB User
Smile Re: Grandmother

Quote:
Originally Posted by newgardener View Post
I recently lost my grandmother too. She was also really close to me. The pain is very new to pain but I am here if you need someone to listen to you.

I find it rough to venture into places I once would go with my Grandmother. It seems I end up struggling to keep my composer because all the emotions are building and that feeling of loosing it is there......there are alot of good memories and I do talk about them, yet it is still so hard. She died in 2003 but to me, it seems like yesterday. To top it off I was in another state when I got the call. She died two days after I got married. Three days before her
88th birthday. She was stricken w/ Alzheimers, so they say, but one doctor really wondered since it came on the way it did after her brother's death. One was thinking maybe severe depression where she totally shut down, yet other things with her were symptoms of Alzeheimers. Living in the past..thinking she was 17 and the whole nine yards. The nursing home neglected her. She was malnurished, and deyhrated. Before someone investigated they had their dirty tracks covered. Such along hard road. She was sooooooooo wonderful to me. She was a big part of my life as was her one sister who died in 2005...my Great Aunt and her death has struck me just as hard. She loved the show: The Price is Right. She was bed ridden due to Spinal Stenosis. Both ladies had neat stories to tell. My Granmother would cuss, but my Great Aunt never said a cuss word a day in her life! And that is the truth! Her so called cuss words were oh sugars and / or d a r n . lol
Thanks for listening!

Closed Thread