It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2007, 02:09 PM   #1
(female)

deb416 HB User
Just buried my brother Monday

After a 10 week serious illness with peritonitis and liver failure my brother died of sepsis. He suffered greatly with this and the doctors told us without help from his liver his wound would never heal. So even though we expected his death, I am feeling tremendous anxiety. Is this normal? Will it go away? I do not want to take any meds for this, but it is driving me crazy. It is affecting my breathing and everything else. Any answerers would be greatly appreciated. I did not know if I should post this on this board or the anxiety board.

Old 04-05-2007, 02:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Just buried my brother Monday

I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. I think what you're feeling is normal. You've been thru some stress. Try to take deep calming breaths and maybe do some relaxation exercises like yoga or meditation.
It will take some time for you to feel better. Try not to be too hard on yourself right now, you've been through a lot.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi im sorry for your loss of your brother mom left us suddley 6 months ago yes you are going to be o.k. day by day hour by hour minute by minute it will get better. is it going to be easy ? no . but this board has helped me so much when i am sitting at this keyboard and crying my eyes out i know that their are other people out there feeling the same way. so write till you cant write any more and cry if you need to we are here once again i am sorry take care susan kay.

Old 04-13-2007, 08:59 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Karen W. HB User

Hi,
I have a really dear frind who's son died of a heart attack, he was only 33 years old, he was teaching some kids at a Boys and girls club how to play basketball and suddenly he hit the floor and died instantly. His Mom, who I work with was experencing panic attacks even 6 months arter his death, it was just to much for her to handle the lose of her son, She finially started going to councling and it is really helping her, she also has joined a group discussion also, she claims it's really helpfull, there all in the same boat as I am she stated and we support and help each other, She says she needs the support group , it helps her carry on with her life the best she is able to at the monent. She wants to be a strong and happy women someday, She says she wants to enjoy her Grandchildren and be there for them,
Karen

Closed Thread