It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #1
(female)

Becky619 HB User
Unhappy How Long

How long do you grieve? I lost my grandmother to cancer 8 years ago. I lost my mother to COPD 7 years ago. I lost my uncle 6 years ago to cancer. I took care of them all while they were dying. It still hurts my heart. I have no brothers or sisters. My daughter turned 18 last July and the day she turned 18 she moved out. Can I grieve over someone that hasn't died?

Old 04-06-2007, 11:04 AM   #2
(female)

sogovia HB User
Re: How Long

Hi Becky

Sorry for your losses and wanted to say that i don't think there is a time limit on anyones loss. I greived for my mom who died 10 years ago now. I miss her in the physical sense but i don't miss her because i have her in my heart and anytime i want to, i can have her with me just by thinking about her. You can still have a relationship with that person, the relationship doesn't die and that is the good thing. After we have gone through the "greiving process" It does get easier but we have to greive and we shouldn't put it off. If you need to cry then let the tears flow.

As for your daughter leaving at 18 that is another loss you have to deal with but you have to let her go. I greive most of the time for my son who isn't dead but has had schizoprenia for 14 years but i greive all the time for him and the grief feels like never ending sometimes. There are all sorts of losses i think it is just a case of learning to deal with them.

Time heals

sogovia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread