It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 04:00 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User
dealing with death and lost friendships

I lost my mom unexpectantly 3yrs ago. I also have lost a brother and my dad,but this is not so much about dealing with my grief over my losses ,but with the loss of a 40yr friendship . We have been best friends since the 5th grade. We live 5hrs apart so keep in touch through letters and occasional visits. After my mom died my husband called to let her know,(as it was just too hard on me to call everyone.) and he talked to her husband. Well I kept waiting for her to acknowledge my moms death and I got nothing. Even a card would have been welcome. Not only has she never acknowledged it ,but she pretty much has cut off all communication. A mutual friend recently saw her and she admitted that she is just not comfortable with any kind of grieving.She has never lost anyone close to her so I shudder to think what will happen when she does.She hasn't a clue just how devastating it is.
So now not only am I grieving for my mom ,but I'm also grieving for a friendship that obviously meant more to me than it did to my friend. Has any one else had to deal with the loss of a friend just when you needed them most? .... Kathryn

Closed Thread