It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
(male)

jabbas HB User
Virginia Tech

As more information comes in, the worse it becomes. It seems he methodically plodded through the campus like a ubiquitous spook leaving a path of bodies behind him.

I am sickened, absolutely sickened. My heart goes out to the students, parents, faculty, and administrators of Virginia Tech.

Old 04-17-2007, 05:39 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User
Re: Virginia Tech

I have to agree with you--why would anyone want to do this?? I was at UM for an appt-at that time 7 were killed-when I got home the count was hire!! I wonder if they'll find out more about the man. To watch the news and when they've talked with some of the students--it's heart-breaking. I wonder how his family must be feeling.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
(female)

sally12 HB User

I have to agree jabbas its sick what happened there. God be with the family's of these people 32 familys who will spend the rest of their lives wondering why there loved one had to be taken by him, even all the way over here in Ireland its top story on all papers and news channels.
Prayers and thoughts for all the familys and other people who have survived it and had to live through the terror of what happened.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User

This is just all senseless!

I just found out my uncle was one of the people shot at. He works in that building. Luckily he wasnt hit but the thought that he could have ended up like the others over something so senseless...

Old 04-17-2007, 09:27 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

duzford HB User

Snnopy gladded to hear they missed your uncle. Good luck to you and your family the trauma your uncle will still endure is not going to be easy.

Bless you!

Old 04-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi why did he do this what makes a person come to the point in thrier life to have these thoughts of hurting other people ? i just dont understand we have a asst. manger wgo went there he is at another walmart but ill bet he is thinking why this happened. and he was so young to have so much hate in his heart just like clombine its just auful. thoughts and pryers to the familys. susan kay

Old 04-18-2007, 04:02 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

When you watch some of the reports that come about him-he sounded like a very sad person--and when they talked with people that knew his parents-they say as to how nice-friendly-people they are. I wonder how his parents are feeling. My heart goes out to all the students-teachers-and the families that lost soneone.

Old 04-18-2007, 12:43 PM   #8
(female)

Psimer HB User

People who can kill without feeling have lost any sense of humanity that they might have had. They have basically removed themselves from society and they make the choice to live a solitary life.

It's very sad that anyone can do this. Yet we know these people exist. They live with their fears and their anger. And when you least expect it, they explode. They get the guns and they make their plans for the revenge they feel that they need.

In the end, innocent people die. People who were just minding their own business, people who are walking on the streets or sitting at a restaurant or going to a class, end up dead because of one person's anger.

In this day when there is so much therapy and opportunities to talk about feelings, it's hard to imagine someone who can hold on to so much anger and hatered that they will kill whoever is in their way.

Then what is left is sadness, depression, and an overwhelming sense of why did this happen. And there really isn't a reasonable answer to any of it.

Sara

Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

I just clicked thru a set of pictures aol had posted of all the victims who died. It's impossible to do this and not cry. These were productive, intelligent, and decent people. The waste is immeasurable.

I can't understand such disgusting hatred. There comes a point where the average normal mind can't fathom a thing like this. You think of the ones who passed away wondering, why? And, where are you now?

There's nothing most of us can do but talk about it and pray, too, if one feels that helps.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi dapple i think its about the only thing you can do is pray and hope that the families of the victims and the family of the boy know that there are thousands and thousands of people in this world that feel a sence of sadness for them and feel the prayers going out to every one involved. i work for walmart and that is what we talked about today at work like one of the others said it is hard for the average mind to quite understand how something like this can happen. this boy was so young and the kids were well they really havent even started their lives yet but i do have one question the 2 hours imbetween the time he shot the girl and then the boy and he went to the post office to mail that package why wasnt the school locked down and searched then did any one see him then and did they know who he was and did he live in that dorm. did he just pick that dorm at random has the news people been able to interveiw them or do they live over there. so many questions i know i think about the kids from clombine kids there just to young to leave this earth. reason for every thing? i hope god had a special place for them when they got there ahead of schedule. thanks for listening i didnt mean to keep typing. susan kay it makes me miss my mom that much more.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 PM   #11
Inactive
(female)

opple HB Useropple HB User

Yes, Susan, greeted and lovingly welcomed home ahead of schedule I would hope because it disheartens me to think of a life only meant to be lived for so long, despite all the plans, hopes, and dreams. Too, some people are of the belief that in Heaven you can go on to do the things you're already good at. I sure hope so because under each photo of the deceased, there was the word, "was." The person "was," this or was that accomplishment or talent or thing they liked to do. Past tense so suddenly and wrongfully.

I read that Cho was taunted and told to "go back to China." by some of his peers in school in his younger days. That kind of verbal abuse should never be, it's so destructive and hurtful and people don't know who they are toying with when they do that. This is perhaps one of the triggers that caused him to come unglued. I know I would be very angry if someone said that to me but I'm not violent--he was, unfortunately.

Last edited by opple; 04-19-2007 at 09:59 PM.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User

it is so sad that 20/20 hindsight always shows up after something like this... they knew TWO years ago he was mentally unstable... they let him continue... his teacher tried unsuccessfully to have him looked at again...they said there wasnt enough to do anything .... makes you wonder how many more out there have warning lights flashing that are being ignored!

It was too creepy watching his videos...esp realizing this is the insane person that had a gun pointed and firing at my uncle... his face was the last thing many of these people saw.... he looked normal in some of the photos and then transformed into pure evil! What a senseless tragedy!

Old 04-20-2007, 04:42 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

It was amazing to find out what happened for those 2 hours---the time he spent recording everything and then sent it NBC...he had this planned--why did he have to kill all these other people? Why????

Old 04-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

susan kay HB User

hi snoopy was your uncle one of his victims? i really hope not. and if he wasnt is he o.k.? and if not i am so so sorry. threr is nothing anyone can say to make this situation better.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:23 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User

Susan...
my uncle was the custodian in that building that happened upon a body and I guess just as he was trying to figure out what was going on the killer walked in and saw him and started firing directly at him...
from what I understand he fired at him 5 times as he( my uncle) was running away from the killer....

I am hoping he is doing okay... he has heart problems and apparently the media has been calling and calling etc... so any stress he was feeling about being shot at is worse with the media trying to reach him... they have called my other uncles looking for him!!

physically though...he is okay from the incident...I am sure though that his state of mind is not so great these days... he really was lucky that he didnt get hit at all.....he was definitely being looked after!!!

Closed Thread