It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2007, 03:29 AM   #1
(female)

Jessbear HB User
Cancelled Wedding

My fiance and I were supposed to get married on May 5, but on April 1, he called things off. Our entire wedding was planned and I'm pretty devastated that he cancelled it. Instead of looking forward to a future with him, I am going to be living with my dad for a little while until I can afford to live on my own.

I'm extremely heartbroken as my fiance and I were together for 7 years. The most irritating thing is that I don't completely understand his reasons for cancelling the wedding. He told me that he doesn't know who he is anymore and needs to figure that out...but what I don't understand is why is he just discovering this NOW and why can't I be there to support him while he figures everything out?

I know my situation may not seem as difficult to deal with as everyone else's here, but I definitely feel as though I'm going through a grieving process. I've cried pretty much every day since my fiance broke things off. Can anyone else relate to my situation? If so, how did you deal?

Old 04-25-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
(male)

jason74 HB User
Re: Cancelled Wedding

I have had a fiance' break things off with me before too. A lot of the feelings you feel are the same as someone dieing. It's a form of grief and loss. I really struggled with the breakup to be honest with you. I didn't have the tools or the relationship with God that I had when dealing with the death of my wife. I would recommend talking about it to get your feelings out. I would do some sort of physical activity or exercise to release energy and emotion. I would give it to God and beg for his help. I would make a list of things you could do better at in a relationship and work on those areas. Not that this is your fault, It doesn't sound that way at all. I'm just saying to prepare yourself for your future. Your life doesn't stop here. You have to move forward. Take some time for yourself!

I will pray for you
Jason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
(female)

Psimer HB User

I have never understood why someone would go all the way through with planning a wedding and then decided no. On the other hand, I have never understood people who get married and then divorce 4 months later.

I feel for you. I don't understand why he did what he did. Maybe it came down to cold feet.

Sara

Old 05-05-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
(male)

david614 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psimer View Post
I have never understood why someone would go all the way through with planning a wedding and then decided no.
Better to decide "no" before, rather than after the wedding. The very last place you want to be is married to someone who "went through with it" just because all the plans were made.

Closed Thread