It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2007, 08:57 AM   #1
(female)

Linnie1111 HB User
death of spouse

My husband passed away 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I am completely lost. It has always been just the two of us, we worked together for over 20 years and after that I was able to travel with him in his job. He was always there and now I turn to tell him something, he's not there, I go to hug him, he's not there. I just want a few more minutes with him then maybe I could let him go. No NEVER. You see he had cancer. So I'll always be grateful that he's not in pain any more. He never once complained. One of his wishes was to be at home and with Hospice that was possible. I am so lucky because we were able to be together.

Old 05-14-2007, 03:38 AM   #2
(male)

jason74 HB User
Re: death of spouse

My wife and best friend died last year. I felt so lost. All the time I thought "when I see her I am going to tell her that" then it just hits you....you aren't going to be seeing her until heaven. She was my everything. It's been a year now and I can say God has completely healed me. I still have scars, those never go away, but I am healed. Lean on God and he will carry you through.

Jason

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2007, 09:57 AM   #3
(female)

Psimer HB User
Re: death of spouse

My father lost my mother on Easter Sunday. When I call him we cry about her. They were married for 59 years. My mother just died in her sleep. He misses her and so do I and my sisters.

I think everyone has to go through the grieving process in their own way. Everyone has to find a way to know that the person is gone but in their own way, they are still here. They are in our hearts.

It might help you to do some grief counseling or some therapy when you are ready. Don't expect to heal overnight. This is someone you knew a very long time and it will take a long time before you really can move on.

Sara

Closed Thread