It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

Psimer HB User
Going Home for the First Time

My mom and dad live in Georgia and I am in South Carolina. My mom died Easter Sunday. She wasn't sick, she just died.

Saturday I am going home to visit my dad for the first time since after the funeral. I am scared and I am nervous. I know that I have to pass the cemetary where my mom is on the way to my Dad's and I know that I need to stop and see her.

I am so afraid I will spend the weekend crying. I don't want to be like that in front of my dad. I am so afraid that I won't be able to go into their home. She won't be there. I am afraid that I won't be able to stay there because I will be so anxious.

Please, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sara

Old 05-21-2007, 09:45 PM   #2
(female)

Darlene-CA HB User
Re: Going Home for the First Time

Hi Sara,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish I had something helpful for you, but I just lost my Mom 3 months ago. We just finished cleaning out her house. I guess the only positive thing I can offer is that perhaps you can sit in a favorite chair of hers or have something to hold close. Before we cleaned out my Moms house I got great comfort in going to her house and sitting in her chair. Yes, everytime I did I bawled like a baby. But now, I can't go because my niece just moved in and I feel lost. I could at least go to her house and I could feel her there. If you're like me, you don't like to cry around others and that makes thing hard too. Hang in there, stay strong, and cry when you need to

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2007, 06:34 AM   #3
(female)

Psimer HB User
Re: Going Home for the First Time

Thank you. I have one of her necklaces and I wear it every day to have her close to me. It's going to be hard. My dad still lives there and it will be filled with everything that is hers.

Sara

Closed Thread