It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 12:22 AM   #1
(female)

Zeenat HB User
Mother's death, father is sick, almost got fired for no reason

Thanks for your help, Sara: doing better now

Last edited by Zeenat; 06-07-2007 at 02:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #2
(female)

Psimer HB User
Re: Mother's death, father is sick, almost got fired for no reason

Get into some sort of therapy. You need some support that is not family. You need someone who can give your some coping tools for dealing with your father and his physical problems along with some ideas on how you deal with his emotional needs as well.

I just recently lost my mother. My father is 81 years old and they had known each other since they were 12. My father is lost without my mother but he won't leave their home. So my sisters and I are taking turns going to see him. I was there 2 weeks ago and my sister is going next week and then he is flying to see my older sister two weeks after that.

Don't tell your father if you lose your job. He doesn't need the anxiety and you don't need the guilt. You can leave the house every morning and go to the local library if you need but you don't let him know. It will be easier on the both of you.

Your contract is for 5 months. Your company will either honor it or they will have to pay you off so they are going to honor it. At the end of that time you know that you will not have a job so you can start looking for something else then. And your father doesn't need to know.

You might consider getting someone your father's age to come and visit with him or spend time with him. He needs to be thinking about something else besides you. If he doesn't know how to use a computer this would be a good time to teach him. He needs companionship of men who are retired and are still taking part in life. It will help him tremendously.

As for yourself, therapy will help with the stress. I know how you are feeling because I am there with you. I have 4 weeks of vacation and I am trying to work it around the days I don't feel like I can come to work and function. This has been one of the hardest things I have ever been through in my life.

Get help for yourself and get someone else to talk and spend time with your father. He needs friends.

Sara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread