It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 05:15 PM   #1
(female)

angelbabe9 HB User
grief

i also put this in the ptsd message board.. i suffered from greif over someone and i still am i had a hard time letting go of the entire death and i was witness to something i dont want to say it but it put me in shock and i was having ptsd over it and the grief at the same time and i went into a state of shock and started screaming and feeling like i wasnt in my body and my body felt weird and i was shaky uncontrollably i felt a chill go through me of horror pure horror and i couldnt move for almost an hour and then i went into my panic attack over it.. i also went through greif and thought i was able to have contact with the deceased person you know nothing weird i just felt like searching for them i just went through all of the grief symptoms it sounds to me like they are the worst ones searching for the deceased or not realizing they are gone in denial.. just the whole thing.. and fear of death or danger and fear of the death of them and their everything.. their well being i cant find a way to truly say they are gone and i constantly find myself screaming and breaking down and having chest pains the grief had been so bad but now im starting to see things that arent there my mind is still in shock and i think im trying to function again. i was depressed over everything.. im not sure but my body and mind feel like they did the first time i went into shock a few months ago i really really need help because i cant suffer this way anymore..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
(female)

holly45 HB User
Re: grief

Grief is a long process but if you witnessed something horrible than maybe you do need some professional help. Tonight was the 10th anniversary of my friendís death. We went to his grave tonight and it hurt just as much as the first day. I think help is a good idea but you must remember that it will be a long time before you are healed of this pain and it will still hurt you will just know better how to deal with it.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:50 AM   #3
(male)

jason74 HB User

Hi angelbabe9, It is good that you are talking about it. Letting your feelings out is very healthy. I witnessed something very traumatic when my wife died. She was my best friend and I too went into panic/trembling attacks. I would scream for hours and I honestly thought someone would call the police on me or something.

I agree with Holly45 you do need to see a counseler for help. It helped me.

I also disagree with Holly45. There is no timetable on when you will be healed. It doesn't have to hurt for years and years. Give your pain and life to God and he can take it from you. I was 95 percent healed in six months after my wife died. It has been one year and now I am completely healed. I still have scars, but I am not in grief anymore. My life is wonderful now thanks to God.

I will pray for you
Jason

Old 06-18-2007, 09:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

sawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB Usersawbuck44 HB User

I personally cannot relate to seeing something horrific, but my brother (second brother) and my mother did. About 10 years ago, my mom brought dinner to her brother. He was depressed and living alone in a big house after his recent divorce. She walked in because he did not come to the door. She thought he had a red hankerchief over his face, but he had shot himself. My brother, five years ago, had his 8 yo son hit and instantly killed by a car right in front of his house. He was out there within minutes of the accident. On top of that he grieved because his son had asked him right before the accident to play catch with the football with him. My brother said, in a minute, I have to finish the deck.

I just lost my father 6/6. He was sick for a long time, but the last few months were really difficult. A month before he died we found out he had a brain tumor on top of his other health problems (copd, diabetes, high blood pressure, and lower lumbar stenosis). Add to this the loss of my oldest brother (first brother), three years ago to cancer and we've got major grief.

The way you deal with grief totally depends on how it happened. With my dad, even though we are glad he is no longer suffering, he was my dad. The most special person in the world to me besides my mom. My nephew was only 8 and died tragically. That was more unacceptable than my dad's passing. My brother also was no longer suffering.

I realize that knowing people have experienced somewhat what you did does not make it any easier to grieve. It does help to know that it is unfortunately all too common. We all have to go sometime. We have to depend on God to know that all things will be okay in the end. Find strength in Him. I am not preaching as I do not know your faith, I am just saying that we cannot handle the amount of grief we feel alone. You cannot talk about what happened and that is a huge burden to carry alone.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:16 AM   #5
(female)

Psimer HB User

Are you seeing a psychiatrist? If not, you need to be evaluated and you need to be on medication and you need to be in therapy. I have PTSD as well and it's not something you just get over. You need to be working with someone so that you can learn coping skills to deal with what you have been through.

Please call a psychiatrist and get a full evaluation. Let them help you with therapy and medication. This is not going to go away on its own and you need a good support system.

Sara

Closed Thread