It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 09:59 PM   #1
(female)

mastudent07 HB User
Unhappy I Miss My Mom So Much

I Just Found This Website And My Mom Passed Away 6 Years Ago June 19th 2001. I Miss Her So Much I Cant Even Explain The Loneliness And The Empty Hole That Is Inside Me Forever. There Is Nothing In This World That Will Ever Fill This Void. Yes, I Understand That Life Still Goes On But That Does Not Help The Emptiness That I Feel Every Single Day Since She Left. Its So Hard To Carry On. You Find Reasons Like Your Children And Spouse. I Was Very Depressed For About 4 Years After Her Death. I Still Am Very Sad But Not As Bad As Before. My Heart Aches Every Day And Night For Her. We Were Very Close As She Was My Best Friend. She Was 56 When She Passed From Breast Cancer And I Was 34 When She Died. I Was Totally Devastated. I Just Need To Talk About It When I Am Feeling Sad.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:11 AM   #2
(female)

Psimer HB User
Re: I Miss My Mom So Much

My mom died in her sleep Easter Sunday. I was at my parents home along with my sister. My father was overwhelmed. He expected to die first and had planned everything in their life on the idea he would go first.

My sisters and I have cried together since then. It's only been three months.

If you are still in this much pain, you should consider grief therapy or go into counseling. The purpose is not to forget. The purpose is to be able to go forward. I have just started grief therapy and so far it has been a great relief for me. My mother would not have wanted us to cry day after day. My mother would have expected us to carry on and be the women she raised.

So I celebrate her life. I carry on and I live with her spirit. She was a delightfully funny woman with a huge capacity to love and care for others. That is what I have in my heart and that is what I want to remember.

Sara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 08:07 AM   #3
(male)

LostboyGB HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastudent07 View Post
I Just Found This Website And My Mom Passed Away 6 Years Ago June 19th 2001. I Miss Her So Much I Cant Even Explain The Loneliness And The Empty Hole That Is Inside Me Forever. There Is Nothing In This World That Will Ever Fill This Void. Yes, I Understand That Life Still Goes On But That Does Not Help The Emptiness That I Feel Every Single Day Since She Left. Its So Hard To Carry On. You Find Reasons Like Your Children And Spouse. I Was Very Depressed For About 4 Years After Her Death. I Still Am Very Sad But Not As Bad As Before. My Heart Aches Every Day And Night For Her. We Were Very Close As She Was My Best Friend. She Was 56 When She Passed From Breast Cancer And I Was 34 When She Died. I Was Totally Devastated. I Just Need To Talk About It When I Am Feeling Sad.
I stumbled onto your post by mistake and found we have a lot in common, my mother died on June 18th 2002 and i know the exact pain you describe and i know that pain will never go away, she was my best friend, she brought me up alone and did a wonderful job and i miss her each and every day, the only thing i want to say to is this, you were her child and you were born from her body, you are she and she is you, you are one and the same and however lonely you may feel take comfort in the fact she was a terrific person and how lucky you were to have someone as fantastic as she was to raise you, love you and look after you, she may have passed on but the feelings and thoughts inside you have come from everything she taught, she is only in the next room and in the greater span of things it will only be 5 minutes till your with her again,l i know your heart breaks everytime you think of her and you feel you've lost the best friend you ever have ever had but if your ever unsure of something or you dont know what to do about problems in your life then sit in a quiet place and listen deep within yourself and your mum will come to you, every strand of dna in your body came from her, you are she and she is you, she will love you forever and she will be waiting for you when your time comes, life is nothing but a moment in time, do not dwell on the things that make you sad, when your down and depressed go back to the times when she was holding you and telling you everything was ok, think of the good things and even speak out loud to her, it will help. if she has a grave, tend it and look after it, when your sad take your chair and sit by it and talk to her, she will answer you, deep in your heart she will come to you and tell you not to cry becasue shes watching you, all the time shes wathcing and shes crying when you cry and laughing when your laughing, you can be assured of that, im not a religious person but i feel deep deep in my heart i will see my mum again!

before i go, i'd like to share a verse with you, read it well and read it again because this is the truth.

All Is Well

Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.

Henry Scott Holland
1847-1918
Canon of St Paul 's Cathedral

I hope what i have said has helped a little,

Old 07-10-2007, 08:49 AM   #4
(female)

mastudent07 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostboyGB View Post
I stumbled onto your post by mistake and found we have a lot in common, my mother died on June 18th 2002 and i know the exact pain you describe and i know that pain will never go away, she was my best friend, she brought me up alone and did a wonderful job and i miss her each and every day, the only thing i want to say to is this, you were her child and you were born from her body, you are she and she is you, you are one and the same and however lonely you may feel take comfort in the fact she was a terrific person and how lucky you were to have someone as fantastic as she was to raise you, love you and look after you, she may have passed on but the feelings and thoughts inside you have come from everything she taught, she is only in the next room and in the greater span of things it will only be 5 minutes till your with her again,l i know your heart breaks everytime you think of her and you feel you've lost the best friend you ever have ever had but if your ever unsure of something or you dont know what to do about problems in your life then sit in a quiet place and listen deep within yourself and your mum will come to you, every strand of dna in your body came from her, you are she and she is you, she will love you forever and she will be waiting for you when your time comes, life is nothing but a moment in time, do not dwell on the things that make you sad, when your down and depressed go back to the times when she was holding you and telling you everything was ok, think of the good things and even speak out loud to her, it will help. if she has a grave, tend it and look after it, when your sad take your chair and sit by it and talk to her, she will answer you, deep in your heart she will come to you and tell you not to cry becasue shes watching you, all the time shes wathcing and shes crying when you cry and laughing when your laughing, you can be assured of that, im not a religious person but i feel deep deep in my heart i will see my mum again!

before i go, i'd like to share a verse with you, read it well and read it again because this is the truth.

All Is Well

Death is nothing at all,
I have only slipped into the next room
I am I and you are you
Whatever we were to each other, that we are still.
Call me by my old familiar name,
Speak to me in the easy way which you always used
Put no difference in your tone,
Wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together.
Play, smile, think of me, pray for me.
Let my name be ever the household world that it always was,
Let it be spoken without effect, without the trace of shadow on it.
Life means all that it ever meant.
It is the same as it ever was, there is unbroken continuity.
Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near,
Just around the corner.
All is well.

Henry Scott Holland
1847-1918
Canon of St Paul 's Cathedral

I hope what i have said has helped a little,
I thank you for talking to me and yes this did help comfort me. I'm sorry for your loss and I know that you know how I truly feel. God Bless you in your future endeavors.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

marshmallow HB User

The poem is beautiful. I am so sorry for your losses.

Closed Thread