It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 12:25 AM   #1
(female)

desertwidow HB User
Lost my husband 3 weeks ago

I am hoping to get additional support so I do not over burden friends. My husband was killed in an accident 3 weeks ago. We were only together for 10 yrs but were constant companions. This was not a first marriage for either of us but both believed our relationship was special and were devoted to each other. MY adult children ( his step) feel as though they have lost the father that they didn't have growing up. On the outside people see me coping well. Actually I'm, numb and just going through the motions. He was my anchor in the crazy would. I talk to him and his pictures. I feel his presence in the house that we recently bought and were remodling. I'm tired of crying. I feel cheated of the 25-30 years we were hoping to have together. When not at work I tend to sit and watch the clock waiting until time to go to bed. I get angry because he told me his job was to take care of me and now he's gone. I always thought that if something happened we would be together. He was the most remarkable person I have ever met. I have to remind myself to breathe and to just keep going. I plan on starting a grief group next week but I 'm not sure how many people will be able to relate. Sorry this is so long.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CarenR HB User
Re: Lost my husband 3 weeks ago

HI I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my husband of 30 yrs. 6 yrs ago. Over time the sting of heartache gets to be not as painful....
hugs Caren

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
(female)

desertwidow HB User

I suppose it will, but for now its figuring out how to fill the time that was so filled by my husband.

Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

snoopy63 HB User

I am sorry fo ryour loss..I know how you feel

I just los my husband 4 days ago....we were together 10 years ( married 9) as well...

when he started getting sick b4 we had a diagnosis and I was worried he said to me several times... "dont worry...I'm gonna be around a long time"
6-7 months later he is gone....

I feel the same...what am I gonna do with the next possibly 30-50 years...

Old 07-16-2007, 04:48 AM   #5
(male)

jason74 HB User

I have been where you are desertwidow. My wife of nine years died in an accident last year. We too were remodeling a house that we had just bought.
I talked to her pictures too. I will pray for you. God is the way to get through this. If you let him, he will get you through this like you never thought possible.

Jason

Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
(female)

desertwidow HB User

This morning is not so bad. the rest of the day will tough. I have to make myself deal with the legal/business side of things. Later today I will go to the bank. They need to fill out an insurance form. My husband was friendly and out going so they all knew him. They even sent a sympathy card. Sometimes having people share condolences makes me lose it. I also have several phone calls to make to different businesses. I think part of my wanting to avoid this is that it makes me confront the reality of his death.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:49 AM   #7
(female)

desertwidow HB User

Dear Snoopy, I hope you have a number of family and friends that can enfold you in love. I t helps and makes the over whelming sadness easier to bare. I don't believe that humans are suppose to grief alone. Even elephants comfort each other when a member of the tribe dies.

Old 07-16-2007, 03:09 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

I am so sorry for all of us. I lost my husband of over 36 years this past November. I always thought we'd have time to do things together when we got older and all the kids were gone. Now I'm alone. Some days are harder than others. but is does get better. Just one day at a time and deal with the legal issues as you feel up to it. God Bless and give us all strength

Closed Thread