It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #1
(female)

CancerChick HB User
Unhappy Missing my mom

One year ago tomorrow I lost my mom to breast cancer. Now I'm battling NHL and she's not here. I need to feel her, to touch her. I need her to hug me and say I'll beat this because I knew she would. Now there's just this emptiness inside my heart and it hurts so bad.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

Psimer HB User
Re: Missing my mom

My mother died in her sleep Easter Sunday. I know how you feel. My dad is still alive but my mom was the one who was always concerned about how I was doing (I am bipolar and have major depression). My mom was the one I talked to about finding clothes or the fact that my vacuum cleaner broke this weekend. My dad is a good guy but he's a guy's guy.

I miss my mom. I miss talking to her and seeing her and hugging her. I miss everything about her including her sense of humor. It's just not the same. There is a hole somewhere inside of me that she left when she died. No one will ever fill it up.

Sara

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2007, 09:43 AM   #3
(female)

Darlene-CA HB User

Hi,
I know exactly how you feel. I lost my Mom 6 months ago and I'm having marital problems and have no one to turn to. My Mom was the one always there for me, I knew I could endure anything as long as I had her. Now, I am so empty, lonely, and confused. I think My husband knows this and it using it to his advantage. Hang in there and take care of yourself.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:44 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

cher1052 HB User

Amazing how you think I'll be fine when you lose someone-but when it happens...it's a totally different story. I lost my mom 1 year ago on July 11th-she too was always there when we needed someone to talk to. There was a mass for her on the the 11th-two of my sisters and I attened it-it felt like the the funeral all over again. I too miss her so much-she was the one I'd chat with about everything going on. take care, Cherie

Old 07-19-2007, 04:28 AM   #5
(female)

liljo HB User

my mum died aug 15th last year and people keep asking me if i actually grieved for her and i dont think i did.
now im struggling to keep my job and motivate myself to go to work everyday, yesterday i had a day off and i woke up cheery i went down to my local asda at 10am and bought in food and drink for my birthday party on 28th, then went home to my house and cleaned my house top to bottom and did lots of laundry then in the evening i met up with my family to see harry potter at the cinema , yesterday was a good day now today i have work and i dragged myself out of bed at 10.30 and forced myself to get a shower and some breakfast, i doont start work til 2pm and by then i'll have mgame face on but right now im sitting in my house crying and she's not here

Old 07-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi,
My mom died last August, and as the 1 year annivesary approaches, I am feeling quite unsettled. I'm beginning to think I have never really stopped greiving - it's only a year, but it seems just like yesterday. I've also realized that I have been very unproductive at work over the last year - and actually unproductive in most aspects of my life.
I guess what I'm saying is that it must take a while to get back to normal. My dad is still alive, and he also is having a difficult time still. I hope he stays healthy for a while, as I don't want to go thru this again for a while.

Mary

Old 07-21-2007, 10:25 PM   #7
(female)

mastudent07 HB User

KAYLA R I JUST READ YOUR MESSAGE AND I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS HON! I TOO LOST MY MOM TO BREAST CANCER 6 YEARS AGO AND I LONG FOR HER EVERYDAY. I MISS HER SO MUCH AND HAVE THAT SAME EMPTINESS IN MY HEART YOU TALK ABOUT. IT IS A SADNESS AND HEARTACHE NO ONE CAN FILL. I KNOW SHE IS IN A BETTER PLACE BUT I MISS HER SO MUCH, MY HEART HURTS. I WAS WONDERING HOW OLD YOU ARE, I AM 40.MY MOM WAS 56 WHEN SHE PASSED.WELL I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY MAY GOD BLESS US BOTH

Old 08-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

kandr73 HB User

I am not missing my mom, but I lost my ex-husband last year on August 13th(which also happens to be my birthday) I have had the worst year of my life. I just cant seem to pull myself out of this. Im numb. But not nearly numb enough, if you know what I mean. I have been self medicatinmg for some time now. Thats no the right path either. God, help us. Life isnt meant to be this way.

Closed Thread